Chapter 14

***unedited***

Kylie

I stared at myself in the mirror, I hate how I looked. I hate it. I hate pretending. I sighed, it's been two weeks since I told Cole about my revenge. It's been two weeks since he started ignoring me. I regret telling him. Why did I trust him? I shouldn't have, I knew it was too good to be true. I thought he was my friend, I thought he liked me. I was wrong.

I bit my bottom lip and frowned at my reflection again, this is not you an annoying voice in my head whispered. I pushed it aside and drove to school.

"Hey Kylie." I turned around to see Lukas's friend smiling at me. I closed my locker and smiled "Hey, Marcus right?" he shook his head "No, Mark." I nodded distractedly, I was thinking about the kiss I had with Cole two weeks ago. I bit my lip, I shouldn't think of it. He's made it clear he doesn't want to talk to me anymore, but I couldn't help my eyes from drifting to the front door and to see his face, his smile.

"So, what do you say?" Mark asked smiling shyly. I blinked, giving him a blank look "What do I say to what?" I asked.

He chuckled "I asked if you wanted to go to the dance this Friday?" It took my a while to process it, all I wanted to do is to stay at home and sleep, and maybe think about Cole. I'm pathetic, thinking about someone who has no interest in me. He probably thinks I'm crazy anyways, talking about revenge. I smiled "Yeah, sure Mark."

He grinned "I'll pick you up at 8 sharp ok?" I nodded "Do you know where I live?" he laughed, looking amused. "It's a small town Kylie."

I smiled as at him as he turned around and went. "You're going out with Mark?" I turned around to see Sara smiling nervously. I frowned, did Lukas tell her that I know they left my sister to die? "I'm so sorry." she blurted out. He did tell her then. I smiled bitterly "Sorry? Will your sorry bring her back? Will your sorry make my parents forgive me? Will your sorry make everyone know it's not my fault? Your sorry doesn't mean anything to me."

Tears started to fall from her face and she looked so hurt and sad. She looked like she regretted it. "I'm so sorry Kylie. I regretted it as soon as I did it. I'm sorry I told everyone we weren't there. I'm really sorry."

I softened, maybe she's telling the truth. Maybe, she regrets it. Maybe, I could forgive them and move on. Live my life, and forget. When I finally thought about what I was thinking I got angry. How could I think like that?! It's their fault she died, she would still be alive if it weren't for them. I glared at her "You should Sara, you should regret it. After everything that you've done. I hope it haunts you for the rest of your life." and with that I walked away from a shocked, sad Sara. I felt a little bad for saying all of that cruel things to her but I shouldn't, not after what she did.

Please vote, comment and share.
Xx thanks.