Lovely Catastrophe

Começar do início

"Oh, hi, Zen!" She gave me a tender smile, her words melodic as she spoke. The main thing that stuck out about her was that her hair was quite frizzy, it was big and it swirled and curled in ways I didn't know it could. I didn't even know it was possible for Nezuko-chan of all people to have a bad hair day.

Maybe it wasn't just me starting off on the wrong foot. It's not the day for either of us.

Even so, I liked her hair like that, a lot. It was cute in its own special way. It was so laid back and comfortable.

"Is it my hair?" Nezuko-chan brought to my attention that I was spacing out and hadn't responded by asking me a question. "Yeah, I know– not the best for a date. I'm not sure how it happened, usually it's only a little bit messy..."

I shook my head. "No, no! I was actually thinking the complete opposite, it's nice. I wouldn't mind if you woke up looking like this everyday, in fact. But yeah, probably not too great for the public though, haha." I felt my heart light up as I saw her sulky expression change into surprised/thankful glee. It made me smile until I remembered what was up with me today.

"U-Ummm..." I awkwardly held my hand over part of my nose, cheeks and overall steaming tomato face, avoiding eye contact as I tried to slip away from her. "I- I think I'll be going now! I need to change and uh- well-"

"What? Why are you covering your face like that?" She moved in front of me to stop me from walking off. I felt myself begin to sweat from embarrassment, my insides were squeamish, twisting and turning like a cycle of clothing in a dryer.

"It's n-nothing! I just-"

She pulled my hand down and got closer to take a gaze, I stepped back a bit. Nezuko-chan cupped my cheek with her hand, examining my skin. "Acne? That's no big deal, Zenitsu-kun, it's not shameful. If you want I can help you take care of it later. But to me, honestly I like the look of blemishes on people's faces, it adds character and impurity. It shouldn't be deemed as ugly when the only thing wrong with it is that it's not healthy for your skin."

Previously my face was hot from being ashamed, but now I had a case of butterflies in my stomach. "....You.....You don't think I'm unattractive because of it?" I uttered, baffled to say the truth.

"Of course not, honey!" She pulled me in and pressed her marshmallow soft lips onto my cheek, the little act of love as subtle as a gust of spring breeze made a burst of rainbows and glitter erupt inside of me. "You're as cute as ever. Both adorable and handsome~"

I gulped, melting into a shy, flustered blob from her compliment and reassurance. Sometimes I feel as though I could listen to her talk and never ever get bored.

"Haha! Don't get all blushy now, the date hasn't even started yet!" Nezuko-chan patted me on the back with a flirt-ish grin, making me feel like my organs were replaced with rainbows again.

I stood there frozen for a second, just observing as my girlfriend gracefully walked away into her room to prepare. When I snapped outta it I started babbling to myself because I was so dazzled. "Oh crap, right! Get yourself together, Zenitsu! We're leaving soon!"

Maybe today IS our day afterall....

Nezuko's POV:

Even after brushing and applying sprays to my hair it still wouldn't cooperate with me, so instead I decided to tie it into a big braid to keep it contained. The style was messy, strands of hair were trying to go in their own direction and already loose ones did whatever they wanted, but that added to the look.

"Hey guys!" I met up with everyone downstairs, prancing towards my date. I wasn't too shocked to see him turn away slightly, rosy-cheeked and with a nervous smirk.