April

Throughout late March Harry comes in and out of the hospital wing. Cedric is constantly being a shadow following him everywhere around and Theo is just being his usual protective self. As time goes on, the consequences of Harry's breakdown become more and more evident.

The weather has mellowed down over the weeks and the sun is warming the air around them. Harry groans as his back rests against Cedric in the courtyard.

"I wasn't trying to hide anything, I felt perfectly fine!"

"I know...but now we have those rumours about us courting. Admittedly, they aren't wrong but I had hoped we could keep us a secret for a longer time. I can tell this is stressing you, not knowing when Dumbledore will strike. But like I said after the second task I'm not some pushover."

Harry stares at him harshly, "I never said that and you know it!"

"Yes I know, but I can't help but feel like you aren't telling me everything on purpose!" He looks away with a scowl, his grey eyes blazing. His mood going down the drain with each passing second.

"I don't know everything and I could say the same about you! When were you going to tell me about trying to get custody over me?!"

Cedric stiffens and glares at Harry, "I was going to tell you, when I was able to move out of my parents' home, that wasn't supposed to come out and it was merely an idea!"

The tension around them is steadily rising, suffocating even. Cedric tersely stares at the ground or anywhere that isn't Harry. Harry scoffs and turns away as well. "Ever thought that I was trying to shield you because you know less about magic than I do? I've been through many wars and you haven't! I'm trying to keep you safe and this is what you have to say?!"

"I never asked to be protected! Have you ever asked me how I felt seeing you spiral downwards?! I'm not an idiot and I have eyes. I was trying to give you time to tell me yourself, but that was a mistake."

Harry glares at him with such ardour that Cedric shrinks away. Harry lets out a derisive laugh, "So, now I'm a mistake?!"

Cedric gapes... "I never said that! Can you just listen for a mo-"

"NO, YOU LISTEN HERE! I am not about to take your tantrum here! I've been trying my best to stay a few steps ahead but your concern is getting in the way!"

Cedric hates this, Harry won't listen... What is he supposed to do? His anger rises and before he can think he's already spouting out the first thing that comes to his mind, "I'm sorry for being a weakling! For actually caring! You on the other hand don't seem to care one bit about me! YOU ONLY CARE FOR YOURSELF, IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT CHANGING THE FUTURE AND KEEPING ME SAFE! I've tried to help you but you keep pushing me AWAY!"

"STOP VICTIMISING YOURSELF! For fucks sake! Cedric, I care about you more than anything. This is the reason I've been trying to keep you away!"

Grey eyes harden and glow silver in the face of the sun. "I'm not a little kid! I'm an adult just like you! I'm tired of always being treated like a kid to be sheltered, I can fight too! I want to help!"

Harry sighs, his green eyes flaring with barely kept fury. "Perhaps it's best if you help by not doing anything." His voice low, he stands up to leave.

Cedric's eyes widen and his mouth falls open in disbelief. "You can't be serious! Are you telling me to just stay put and watch as you drive yourself over the edge?!"

Harry whirls around. "That is exactly what I'm trying to convey to you! Just stay out of my way!"

"I can't believe you..." Cedric laughs, something too dark, too surreal to be coming out of him. Harry stares at Cedric with growing apprehension. "Maybe it was a mistake having trusted you... Maybe I was being too naïve, to think we could work out. Don't even dare coming anywhere near me!"