coming home

Harry woke with the familiar sting in his scar, the scorging heat radiating off from it making him hiss. So it's that morning, well well well. Wormtail and Voldemort are at Riddle manor.

A small smirk spreads around his lips. This time he will make sure not to make so many mistakes as the first time around and one of the first steps ist encounter Voldemort before the last task. His scar will be of great help, if he can manage to open a connection to the man. Being a horcrux sometimes had its perks, not a lot of times but when they did, these perks were highly advantageous.

He looks around his room and to his surprise he can see perfectly clear even without his glasses, despite being in his younger body. It seems that he has still most things from the future. He stands up and walks towards the wardrobe across the room. He quickly takes in his appearance in front of the cracked mirror. A small gasp escapes his lips as he sees his usually long hair shorter yet still brown with a few strands of black. Unlike the unruly hair of James Potter he has his hair. His hair! His beautiful wavy hair and his onix eyes. But this appearance won't do if he wants to come back to Hogwarts.

This brings him over to the thought of the underage magic law. Would it still affect him despite being older mentally? He guesses that there is only one way to find out, he can deal with the ministry later on. It shouldn't be too hard.

He holds out his hand and casts a glamour on him, his hair grows shorter and messier as his eyes become the forest green he has come to despise.

He hates both the Potters for what they have done to their own friends, the fact that Remus and Severus are both obliviated and would be so until their death just makes his blood boil.

Harry startles when Dudley heaves a deep and loud snore from the room next door. He shakes his head with an amused chuckle. And so far there has been nothing to show that his wandless magic can be tracked. The first time during his second year it was because of Dobby's magic and not his own. His wand could be tracked but not his wandless magic. This certainly should make things easier.

His smirk deepens. This will be a fun year and one he will live at his own accord, no Hermione or Ron to be around him and monitoring his every move. No Dumbledore manipulating him into doing things or become his perfect puppet. And certainly no Ginevra Weasley to give him a love potion.

He looks around his room, and his eyes pause on the birthday cards his two best friends sent him at the end of July. He scoffs at them. Those liars just filled his thoughts with more lies and prejudice. Now that he knows Theo so personally he knows that Slytherins aren't evil, just ambitious and determined. He knows that he befits Slytherin more than Gryffindor. But now he's stuck with the loud lions.

He sighs and picks the letters up before burning them to a crisp with a satisfied smile. Burning his attachments always felt great. He can't bring himself to forgive them. Hermione and Ron lied to him betrayed him, and Ginevra married him to steal from him. They rose to fame in the future because of him and he will put an end to this scheme come the following year but until the Quidditch world cup he will have to stay low and pretend to still be friends with those two.

Granted Harry has to give it to them for being great actors and also at manipulating. He was so naïve and young it's laughable now. He knows that after this year everything will only go down hill. But if he has already gotten accused then why not become exactly what they don't want him to be? The thought alone sounds tempting, even if he doesn't agree with some of Voldemort's philosophy. He remembers that he used to be terrified of the old wizard but not anymore. He knows that he is stronger, because of his parents and also because his magic has adjusted to his body and he can still use as much magic as his twenty-one year old body.