classes

Harry looks at the Bubotubers in apprehension. He can never bring himself to just touch them without thinking, while he does use the pus a lot in his potions it doesn't change the fact that he finds them disgusting.

"You alright zere 'arry? These things are vile, are zey not?"

"Yeah... But they make excellent potions ingredients."

"Ah, oui. Zey certainly do." Victoire grimaces as he squeezes the Bubotuber in his hands. The liquid squirts out and into the glass in his other hand. Harry watches in awe at the skill and elegance displayed before his very eyes.

"You actually like Herbology, don't you?" Harry questions with a light smirk.

"Yes, I do. Raf likes Transfiguration more."

Harry follows the older teen's example with little difficulties. He doesn't particularly like Herbology but he comes by. He knows enough to pass and get a decent grade. You can't be great in all subjects, no matter how much you study.

Harry wonders if the pus can also be used as a form of petrol, just because the smell is reminiscent it doesn't mean there is the possibility of this hypothesis to be the case. He guesses there is just one way to find out. With that in mind he walks over to professor Sprout.

"Professor, may I have a small amount of the Bubotuber pus? I was wondering if I could prove a hypothesis of mine. If that's alright?"

The professor looks thoughtful for a moment before relenting with a small smile at the eagerness of her student. "Of course, mister Potter, I can dispense a small amount."

She hands him a generous amount, Harry waves at his professor before following Neville and the rest of the Gryffindors. The class separates, the Hufflepuffs climbing the stone steps for Transfiguration, and the Gryffindors heading in the other direction, down the sloping lawn toward Hagrid's small wooden cabin.

Harry can't wait to see Theo and learn again about things they have already learned before, this time with more knowledge.

Blast-Ended Skrewts, Harry still remembers them from the start of the year and also from the maze of the third task. Again Harry has to admire the gentle half giant and his proficiency with magical creatures. Harry looks down at the small and still harmless creatures.

"It's hard to imagine how dangerous these little guys can be once fully grown." He mumbles to himself but Granger hears him.

"And how would you know how a Blast-Ended Skrewt looks like fully grown? Don't just assume things you don't know anything about."

Harry attempts to just shrug her off and concentrate on the lesson at hand. But of course that doesn't work and he is taken by the arm and dragged off. He thrashes around in an attempt to break free. "Alright enough is enough, why aren't you talking to us, Harry? Why have you been so distant with us, mate?" Ron asks and Harry scoffs.

"Just let go of me! I have nothing to tell you, so just leave me!" He turns to glare at them and yanks his arm out of the red head's grip. He faces them with a cold stare, freezing the two Gryffindors up on their spot. "I know what a grown up Skrewt looks like. Don't question my knowledge, Hermione. You aren't the brightest around here anymore."

He finally leaves, many of the surrounding Gryffindors are left stunned at the unusual exchange. Whispers soon spiral around about what could've happened to the Golden trio. Harry sighs and runs a hand down his face. He soon sidles next to Neville and waits for the Slytherins to finally arrive. He hopes he can use Theo as a shield before either Granger or Weasley come back up to him.

"On'y jus' hatched," says Hagrid proudly, trying to change the mood, "so yeh'll be able ter raise 'em yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!"