Quidditch final

Cedric moves behind his father up to their seats. And as it turns out they will be staying in the same box as the Weasleys and with that also Harry. Cedric bites back the urge to smile.

He does have so many questions from the talk inside the woods earlier that evening. He may not get the answers he hopes for later on, but perhaps a few. One of his more pressing questions is how Harry and Nott managed to go back in time so far.

It couldn't possibly be with a time turner, so if not then how? How close were Nott and Harry affiliated with one another? And there it is again, this burning jealousy. He doesn't want to feel such a way. He takes a few calming breaths, his magic simmering beneath the surface.

"Just stay put! And don't make any unnecessary comments. I do not need any blunder to tarnish my reputation from you. Do you understand, boy?"

Cedric flinches slightly and nods. "Yes, sir."

"Good, now then, let us go inside."

Cedric follows his father inside and looks around. The Weasleys' are already inside and seated, the twins next to one another and Harry on the other seat next to them. There is still another seat beside Harry, which is empty.

Cedric waves at them with a smile and sits next to the young Gryffindor, who is potentially a time traveller? Well that's besides the point.

"Have you ever been to an official Quidditch match?" Harry asks starting normal small talk with him. Cedric shakes his head, "No, this is my first time. Why do you ask?"

Harry shrugs, "I'm just a bit curious about the many different pureblood families. You know, Theo is nothing like his father and he has always wanted to be a healer like his mother."

Cedric curtly nods, it's always about Nott. It's clear to Cedric that Harry views Nott as a brother. The same goes for Nott, but all those weird smug looks just unnerve Cedric to no end. And he doesn't even know the reason why he's recieving them. Honestly, can you blame him?

He looks back out the window and up to the stadium, they are exactly in the middle between the hoops. The anticipation rising all around them, a small smile curls around his lips.

"Well, you seem awfully happy, are you that excited about the match?"

"Well of course, this is a once in a lifetime chance. Don't tell me you aren't excited." Cedric turns to look at Harry with wide eyes.

"Well I mean, sure. But there is far more exciting stuff than watching a final. Don't you agree that playing Quidditch for yourself is far more exhilarating than watching it?"

Cedric thinks for a moment, he thinks of flying on a broom with the wind in your face. The search for the Snitch and the dodging of bludgers. The pain and joy that is Quidditch and finally nods. "From one seeker to the other, you have a point. Yeah playing is a lot more fun and exciting than watching."

"I know I'm right. Though a reckless idiot most of the time." Harry smugly puffs out his chest, causing Cedric to giggle softly. The twins turn around too and smirk at their little brother.

"An idiot sure you are, little Harrykins."

Harry rolls his eyes and pushes one of the twins away. Which one it is, Cedric can not tell.

"Oh sod off George. If anyone can call me an idiot it's just myself."

Cedric smiles warmly at the boy next to him, that is until he feels a presence burning into the back of his neck. He turns around and is met with the disapproving gaze of his father. He gulps slightly and shrinks away in his seat.

There's this inkling in his head that this will certainly get him no place good. He has to show that he is better than the-boy-who-lived, but he doesn't want to. And he quite enjoys the company of the younger teen. He respects his father a lot but sometimes Amos can be so suffocating. The man always imposes his way of thinking onto his son and there is nothing Cedric can do about it. No matter how much he tries to please his father, Amos is never satisfied. Why? Well because there is nothing remarkable about Hufflepuff.