confrontations

Fred looks around the courtyard. He knows that Harry and Cedric are preparing for the second task in about a week, he also knows that George is currently with the dark-haired twins and as such he finds himself on his own. Just sitting there on a bench in the vast courtyard. He sighs, everyone around him has someone except for him. When will he meet his mate? Or will he ever for that matter... What if he never meets them? Or if they're already dead or worse in love with someone else? He doesn't want to imagine that.

He loves George but he can't help himself from feeling jealous. George found his mates or rather said it was the other way around. Fred can't help but feel inadequate, like why is he still alone?

Harry has Cedric, Theo has Neville, George has Rafaël and Victoire. But him, he has no one.

The redhead sighs, his focus shifting to the new documents for the Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes. He had a bit of help from Rafaël to find someone suitable to sell their products to and make a bit of money for the new forms. Now he and George only have to find a building they can afford at Diagon Alley. They can do that over the summer. In the meantime, they can move on to find business partners outside of the Espoirs.

He tips his quill against the parchment, he still needs George's signature before they can move forward with the transactions. If everything goes well they merely need to graduate with good grades the next year and not mess up any of their NEWTs.

Suddenly the form gets taken from his hands. Fred whirls up to look at the perpetrator. To his surprise it's Malfoy...well that's new.

"What's this, Weasley? You, trying to open a joke shop?! As if you couldn't sink any lower. Why not go after a proper career like the rest of your brothers?" A sneer coats the blond's face.

Fred just rolls his eyes. "I don't need you to be like my mother. George and I will still open the joke shop. We've already gotten into contact with a business partner. At least we are doing something with our lives.

I love to see others smile, something someone like you wouldn't understand!" The redhead scoffs with a glare at the younger student.

"I highly doubt anything productive will come out of that. Why even bother with something so ridiculous?"

Fred's hands start shaking with barely suppressed rage. "Perhaps it's ridiculous to you, seeing as you can't take a joke, now give that form back!"

"Or what?! What will you do about it?" The blond smirks up at the tall ginger. Fred scowls and moves closer, barely inches away, towering dangerously above Draco.

Such imposing dominance, and from a Weasley no less. Draco gulps and takes a sharp breath in. A musky scent hits his lungs, his throat becoming tight and lips dry. His violent reaction confuses the blond as he shakily hands the form back. He doesn't know what compelled him to do so... It couldn't have been the Weasley. No! Most definitely not!

"Thank you, now if you excuse me." His tone is sharp, sending shivers down Draco's spine. He has never felt quite like this and it's highly confusing and utterly unintelligible. He turns around and stares at the retreating form of Fred Weasley. Draco licks his lips and shakily sits down by the bench. What just happened? Why is he feeling quite so breathless, so hot and vulnerable? It's hard to describe. And it's all that blood traitor's fault.

He stares down at his hand where he lightly graced the sixteen-year-old. It's tingling all over and it's highly intriguing but at the same time disturbing. He has no idea about what just happened, but whatever it is Draco will get to the bottom of this.

In the great hall, Fred slumps onto a seat at the Gryffindor table. What the fuck was that? Malfoy never lets something go without a fight and certainly the blond Slytherin is not squirmish. Worst of all Fred can't dispel that look of fear or perhaps submissiveness. He can't believe that just happened or that he's blushing right now. He can't be attracted to that prat! Out of everybody in school, he just has to feel attracted after such a ludicrous exchange. Fate really hates him, now doesn't she...