Welcome Home (Luffy X Reader) ONESHOT

I wrote this years ago while still in school. I updated this on DA a few years back. The writing style is a bit cringy and novice but please understand that I first wrote this when I just started to write. I didn't edit much since I'm lazy AF... so enjoy!!!

You were one of Vegapunk's experiments. You weren't human. You never were. You were once a beautiful blue daisy. You grow in a flower garden with other flowers and insects.

That was until Vegapunk plucked you out of there and into one of his large containers full of water in his lab. Usually, for a normal flower, they would wilt after some amount of time. But you didn't. You stay beautiful like that day. And kept growing and growing and growing. Until you were the size of a mast of a ship. Your leaves turn into large hand-like vines and kept regenerating if been cut. You have a mind of your own and can move on your own and instead of doing the process of photosynthesis, you eat meat to live. Vegapunk plans to make you into a weapon for the government. But having a mind of your own has to take its toll. You break out of the lab and ran with your big roots.

That was a year ago. Now you live in a village. Somehow you can turn into a human if you wish it. So you live in the village in peace and eat as normal humans do but only meat-related and without any veggies. For safety precaution, you built your house far from the village so that the villagers won't know that you are not human when you turn into a monster.

The time you stay there wasn't long but you grew attached to the villagers and they treat you well. You don't have a name and you don't know much about humans, so when they asked your name, you just told them you lost your memories. Because of that, the villagers called you (y/n) since it would be weird if you don't have a name for them to call you.

The village was peaceful. You learn so many things like The Great Pirate Era and the One Piece. Strangely pirates never dock on your island and you were grateful for it since the villagers said they were trouble. But one day, a ship docked on the island. But it was not any ship, it was a pirate ship. It's a weird ship. It's bright and colourful with a... is that a sunflower or a cat? Or is it a lion? Whatever it is there is one thing that stood out most. It has a jolly roger with a straw hat.

You stand by the dock, ready to attack if they made any trouble. The ship docked and, like lighting, a boy with a straw hat ran towards a bar in town while yelling 'MEAT!' all the way. But before he reached it, he somehow slip and fell into the water. You didn't see him swimming back up and you hear his crew were making a big fuss out of it. So, without thinking, you dive down and grab the boy's collar and bring him up. The boy regain consciousness and was about to thank you when you just walk away. After remembering his previous destination, he ran back to the bar. Thinking that they won't cause any ruckus, you head to the bar and have a drink.

You kept an eye out for the pirates. They were loud and kept drinking. Especially the green-haired man you hear they call Zoro. Suddenly you feel someone staring at you. You turn your head to your source of discomfort and found that the Strawhat captain looking at you. You quickly averted your eyes. You then hear the seat next to you creak and you found the straw-hat boy sitting beside you with a wide grin.

"Hello! My name is Luffy. Nene, why are you sitting alone? Come join us!" Without hearing your answer, he drags you to the table full of pirates.

"Hey! This is my crew! That's Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky and Brook. Crew meet... uh... what's your name?" The straw-hat boy introduce.

"...(Y/n).. why do you bring me here? I don't know you and I tend not to know.." You reply harshly.

"Because I saw you interesting! And you save me earlier right?" Before you could retort, the man named Sanji twirled towards you with hearts in his eyes.