Memory Lost | You Found

Começar do início

Harry thought Clearwater would follow him in, but he stepped into the cell alone, the door closing behind him. Cell wasn't the right description—the room was more of a studio flat with a bed, a sofa, a kitchen, and a separate bathroom in the corner.

"Oh, hello."

Harry swerved toward the voice. Draco Malfoy was curled in a chair, a book opened in his lap. Malfoy's eyes widened a little when he saw Harry.

"Are you my new guard?" Malfoy's tone was almost pleasant.

"Um. Yeah. I think so." Harry grimaced. I think so?

"What is your name?"

What the fuck? "Harry. Harry Potter."

Malfoy set aside his book and stood. Harry hadn't seen him in a year, not since his trial, and Malfoy looked good. He looked healthy, his skin just a shade darker than his usual milky tone.

Harry expected Malfoy to sneer, perhaps even try to fight him, but Malfoy just stood there and gazed at him politely.

"Err—um. How are you doing, Malfoy?"

Malfoy tilted his head. "Do you know me?"

"What?"

"They didn't tell you about me, did they?"

"I'm just your guard. I don't need to know the specifics."

"You aren't just my guard," Malfoy answered calmly. "They mean to make you my companion."

"Sorry?"

"I admit that my mind is a bit muddled at the moment, but aren't guards supposed to just stand there and not say anything?"

"Err. Yeah."

"Right ... So why are you standing here talking to me alone?"

"Because Unspeakable Clearwater asked it of me."

Sighing, Malfoy crossed his arms over his chest. "You're not my first, you know. They've marched loads of fit blokes in here ... they want me to talk, I suppose. They think I'm lying."

Harry was distracted by Malfoy saying fit blokes. "Um. I'm still not following."

Malfoy chewed his bottom lip. He suddenly looked a bit shy. Harry had never seen such an expression on his face. "I suppose it's not hard to see how much I want."

"Sorry?" Harry said again, frustrated. Malfoy was looking at him in a way that made his skin heat up. Oh, no, no. Professionalism. "Let's have a seat and start from the beginning."

"Oh, all right. Would you care for some tea?"

"Um, yeah. Sure."

Malfoy moved to the teapot on the table and poured Harry a neat cup. "Milk and sugar?"

"Yes." Harry cleared his throat. "Thank you."

Malfoy handed him his tea and their fingers brushed. Malfoy took up the chair opposite him. "I don't remember almost anything."

"You mean you don't even remember me?"

Malfoy's mouth twisted a little. "Why would I remember you?"

"It's complicated."

"Were we lovers?"

Harry spat out his tea. "What?"

"I suppose not." Malfoy dropped his gaze. He almost looked disappointed.

Harry gulped his tea and stared at the man opposite him. Malfoy wore a cosy jumper that was about two sizes too big for him. The neck drooped, revealing an elegant collarbone, a slim shoulder.