Chapter Eighteen

It was a few days later when Allene and Draco got a letter instructing them about their detection with Hagrid, as it turns out. Allene and Draco spent the whole day leading up to the detention talking about what Hagrid could possibly have them doing. As it turns out neither of them had expected what it was. When they met filch and the trio after dinner in front of the great hall. Filch had walked them down to the hut telling them all about the old punishments.

"Hagrid's got a little job in the Dark forest tonight," Filch explained as Hagrid stepped out of his hut, Allene and Draco looked at each other in surprise.

Allene stepped up "Excuse me but the forest is forbidden to students. We can't go in."

"Yeah, and there are werewolves," Draco added standing next to Allene.

Filch turned slowly looking down at the young girl "Well little princess you are and there are a lot more dangerous things in that forest."

Allene stepped back from the grumpy old man as he walked away living the five kids with Hagrid who just stood there watching them. Hagrid nodded turning around and waving to the kids, to follow him. They walked around the forest for a few minutes before Hagrid stopped in front of a shiny puddle on the ground.

"Hagrid what is that?" Harry asked looking down at the puddle in question.

Allene frowned looking up at Hagrid "Unicorn blood?"

"Right you are Ms.potter. It's unicorn's blood, I found one died a few weeks ago. This one seems to be badly injured." Hagrid explains looking around the forest "So tonight it's our job to find the poor thing."

"How did you know what it was?" Harry asked turning to look at his cousin with an accusing glance, making everyone turn to her.

Allene huffed crossing her arms "I have privet classes with professor Dumbledore every other day. We talk about a lot of stuff mainly things that could help me in the future. I was in his office when Hagrid came to tell the headmaster. Who then went and explained what unicorn blood is and showed me what it looks like."

Hagrid nodded in agreement  "That he did. He even asked her how she would go about taking care of such a problem as we have here. This was her idea in a nutshell."

"No, I didn't say send students into the dark forest. I said to send people to find the poor thing and help it." Allene defined pointing at Hagrid.

"Right well Ron and Hermione your with me. Harry, you will go with Allene and Draco." Hagrid nodded handing Allene the lantern. Draco ground looking at Allene causing her to shake her head. Allene whistled to fang who followed behind her as she walked away from the giant deeper into the dark forest followed by Harry and Draco.

"Wait till my father hears about this," Draco complained swatting away a branch "This is servant work this is."

"Well if I didn't know better Draco I would say you are scared," Harry laughed causing Allene to turn on her heels and look at the boys.

"We are in the middle of the forbidden forest Harry. Of course, we're scared, just like you are scared now shut up because I think I heard something." Allen snapped pointing to her right where noise could be heard. After that Draco stayed by Allene's side as Harry followed them from behind with a fang.

They only had to walk a few more feet before they could see a shadow hanging over the dead unicorn, Allene gasped as fang ran off. Draco grabbed Allene's hand and pulled but she didn't move she stared at the floating thing only five feet away. It wasn't till harry ground and the man looked up did Allene move but just a step because Draco had pulled the young girl back as we tried to pull her away before running off himself.

Harry pulled Allene behind him as the floating man got closer. Allene had tripped and fallen into a divet in the rock, tripping Harry as he went to step away from the man as he moved closer and closer.

But just in time, a  Centaur came betting down the path of the forest causing the floating man to crawl away. Harry stood up just as the  Centaur came to a stop in front of them both.

Allen hopped up smiling at the  Centaur "Thank you, sir."

"Young princess you must leave, it is not safe for you nor your cousin in these woods." The  Centaur explained walking up to the kids.

"What was that thing?" Harry asked curiously pointing to where the floating man had been just seconds before.

"A monstrous creature, It's a horrible crime to slay a unicorn. Its blood can keep one alive even on the brink of death, but for a terrible price. Tell me Harry do you know someone so cruel."The centare asked as Allene walked over to the dead unicorn.

Harry turned to his cousin "Voldemort,"

The centare nodded before stepping close to Harry whispering something only Harry himself could hear, whatever it was harry seemed to be in deep thought about it when Hagrid and the other came around a tree.

"Hello there Firenze," Hagrid nodded to the  Centaur as Draco ran up to Allene "I see you've met the young potters. You two alright."

"Yes sir, Alright." Allene smiled grabbing Draco's hand before walking over to the giant, "Thank you again, sir."

"Allene, Draco, professor snape is at the edge of the forest waiting for you two."Hagrid started as Allene went to hand him the lantern "Take it with you,"

Allene nodded retracting her arm and turning to Draco, "Let's go,"

"Young princess" The  Centaur called out to Allene making her stop and turn "Keep your friends close to you, no matter what. They will keep you safe."

Allene nodded before turning back to Draco and walking off leaving everyone else to wonder what it is he means. It took Allene and Draco about ten minutes to get back to Hagrid's hut where a very pissed professor stands.

"Good Afternoon," Allene laughed walking up to the potion master "I just had a run-in with who I think could be Voldemort."

The potion master looked both kids up and down before answering Allene "Are you okay?"

Draco nodded "I think she might be in shock sir. But no cuts or bruises."

"I'm not in shock," Allene stated as the potion master lead them back into the castle. Nobody talked the rest of the way to the Slytherin common room. The potion master sent them both to bed the minute they stepped foot inside said common room. Allene didn't complain not even a little bit and ran straight up to her room. Where her friends lay asleep in their beds.

That night Allene didn't even bother to change into her pajamas she just hopped into bed and went to sleep. Letting everything that has happened to her today slip away.