Chapter Six

Once Allene was seated in front of Draco, Marcus Flint introduced himself letting her and every other first-year know that he was the Quidditch caption for the Slytherin house. Allene had made a mental note to ask Draco about Quidditch later on after professor Dumbledor's speech, he looks like he's about to start.

"Welcome to Hogwarts or welcome back. I have a few announcements to make, first, the forbidden forest is forbidden to anybody who doesn't wish to die a most painful death, and second mister Filch would like me to remind you that the Third-floor corridor is off-limits." Dumbledor announces opening his arms as food appears on the tables.

Allene looks over to Draco with a smile before filling up her plate "I wonder what this year will bring." 

Draco looks at Allene with a wicked smile "With you I have a feeling it's going to be all kinds of crazy." That made everyone in earshot laugh, Allene had been too busy thinking about what the year would bring she had missed Marcus's question until she felt someone kick her.

Allene looked up at Draco with a questioning look "Marcus was asking you a question, Allene?"

"Sorry I was just thinking, what's up?" Allene smiled looking over at Marcus who was watching Allene curiously.

"I was asking you; if you had ever heard of quidditch. I mean since you grew up with muggle and everything. You had seemed confused earlier." Marcus asks repeating his question to the young girl. Allene just shook her head, she had totally forgotten to ask Draco about it after the speech. Thankfully Marcus dove right into explaining quidditch to Allene as she began to eat.

Allene had looked over to Draco halfway threw Marcus's lecture on quidditch and noticed both Vincent and Gregory shoving food down their throat as if someone was about to still their food, "Boys," Allene called catching half the Slytherin table's attention "Stop, Slow down, nobody is taking your food, and you two are going to make yourself sick if you keep shoving your faces like that." Everyone after that eats at a normal pace not wanting Allene to call them out as well.

"Hey Marcus," Allene started as the desserts started disappearing, " What should we expect tomorrow in class?"

"Well, the professors will probably go over what they will be teaching, a lot of homework. The professors love to give out homework. Potions will be the easiest class for us because Professor Snape is our head of house, and he favors us over all the other houses. He is the only head of house that favors thought, professor McGonagle, Shes the lady that did the shorting, she is very uptight but treats everyone as an equal no matter what house you're in." Marcus explains before pointing out each professor explaining who they are and what they teach. So by the time Dumbledore stands up again, she had been given the crass course on professors and whether they were nice or not.

"Excuse me, I have a few last-minute things before I let the prefects take you to your common rooms. First Breakfast is from seven-thirty to eight fifty every morning, seconded the curfew for everyone to be in their common rooms is nine on the dot anybody out after will be given a detention and points taken from there house, and finally your schedules will be handed out during breakfast." Dumbledor's voice echoes through the great hall "Welcome back to Hogwarts, Prefects you may take your first years." 

Allene noticed two older students stand up from the far end of the Slytherin table. "Guys," Allene spoke catching Draco and the other first years' attention, "Look, there waiting for us, come on." All the first year stood up following Allene as she walked up to the older students.

"Welcome to the Slytherin house my name is Renata Rosier and this is Lawrence Gage," Renata stated pointing to herself than to Lawrence, "Now in Slytherin we are proud, we have won the house cup five years in a row now, don't go breaking that streak now. Please follow us, and keep up."