xxxii

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|18|

TIRED, BROKEN, Lost, hurt were the only words to describe Peace's mental state right now

TIRED, BROKEN, Lost, hurt were the only words to describe Peace's mental state right now. She had woke up about fifteen minutes ago as she stared at the wall. Tears cascaded down her face as she watched Von,Kaykay,Sky,Amaru,and Eboni asleep in the chairs against the walls. She stared at Von before shaking her head, slightly wishing that she had never met him. Almost everything bad that happened to her, was always because of him. Her being called names, harassed by women she didn't even know, almost being killed twice all over one man who meant the world to her. Sometimes she wished she could turn back time and go to another McDonald's but she couldn't and that's what hurt her the most.

"Ahh Ms. Jones you're up." The doctor spoke as he entered the room making five visitors immediately jump up. "How are you feeling?"

"Like they should have lodged the box cutter deeper." She spoke lowly. "I'm fine, is my baby ok?"

Peace knew that the baby most likely didn't survive the cruel attack. She just needed it to be confirmed, even if it did hurt her.

"No." The doctor spoke lowly watching as the young girl nodded before she zoned out. "I would also like to inform you that you won't be able to bare another child."

"Wh—" Peace started as her voice cracked looking over at her family who stared at her with sad eyes.

"The attacker who stomped on your stomach, before you were stabbed, she ruptured your ovaries. They are too damaged to bare another child. I'm so sorry Ms. Jones." The doctor spoke before exiting the room.

"Peace you ok?" Sky spoke lowly, feeling guilty as she avoided looking at Peace.

"I'm fine." Peace shrugged still staring at the wall.

"Y'all let me talk to her for a minute." Von spoke lowly watching as everybody gathered their things and exited the room. "How you feelin'?"

"Amazing." Peace sarcastically spoke as she closed her eyes. "I wish I never met you."

"Wha- Pe—."

"All the bad shit that's ever happened to me after that night at McDonald's has always been your fault." She laughed.

"Peace let me fi—"

"How are you going to fix my ovaries?" She questioned. "I almost died twice because of you, everywhere I go I'm constantly harassed because of you, and now I can't have children because of you."

"Peanut this not my fa—"

"It issss." She spoke lowly. "I can't even get food in peace without being harassed by some girl because of you. My hand is broken for trying to save my baby and now I can't even have any."

"Pea—"

"Shut the fuck up. Stop talking to me." She spoke lowly tired of hearing his voice. "The man I'm so head over heels for is my downfall. God really does work in mysterious ways huh?"