iv

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|17|

"YOU LIKE IT stink?" Peace questioned as she showed him his newly decorated room

A month had passed since she quit Faye's and became a full time stylist. She had finally moved out of her mothers home which she was very thankful for. She had moved out about two weeks ago, but tonight would be the pair's first night in the house.

"Yes! I got my own tv and a game?!" Amaru exclaimed as he looked around the dark blue colored room.

"I'm glad you're happy baby." Peace spoke with a small smile running her finger over her locket filled with her grandmother's ashes. "What you wanna do tonight in our new house stink?"

"Let's watch movies on the big TV!" He screamed as he ran into the front room admiring the 65-inch tv.

"You don't want to go anywhere? You know I have a car now." Peace shrugged looking down at him.

Over the past month Peace had began to get really close with the owner of the shop she worked at. Eboni, she was like the mother Peace and Amaru could only dream about. Eboni had recently co-signed for Peace to get a car and Peace was so thankful for that. In the past month Eboni had showed her more love than had mother had showed her in seventeen years.

"Can wee go get crabbbbb?" He stretched out smirking at her.

"I can make us some while we watch our favorite movie." Peace suggested.

Their favorite movie had to be Cooley High or Lean on Me. They would always watch those movies at their grandma's house. They would often come on, on the Bounce channel since their grandmother didn't have cable.

"I don't want to watch those tonight. Can we watch Chucky?" Amaru questioned. It was a movie suggested by his new friend Von.

"What you know about Chucky Amaru?" Peace playfully questioned as they put on their shoes.

"My friend." He shrugged. "We goin' to Walmart?"

"Yeah boo. I got to get the crab and stuff." Peace spoke as she grabbed her car keys. "Grab your jacket."

Peace watched as Amaru ran to his room to grab his jacket. She smiled softly, finally feeling as if things were going right. The thought of her doing right by her brother was what kept her going. Now, all she had to do was prepare for his trip. Once she found out small increments of her money was coming up missing she decided to immediately book the flights to Disney Land. Although his birthday was a month away she wanted to make sure it was situated before she lost more money while in her mothers house.