xxi

PEACE AMARU JONES
|18|

"HELLO IS this Durk?" Peace spoke lowly into Von's phone trying not to let Von hear her as she sat in the bathroom

"Von I know you ain't really do to good in school—" Durk started as Peace laughed lowly.

"This isn't Von." She laughed softly. "This is Peace, his girlfriend."

"Aw P Money. The one he always talking about. Wassup girl?"

"I don't mean to be a bother but I was planning on taking Von to Turks and Caicos for his birthday and I wanted to know if you wanted to come?" Peace spoke. "Please don't tell him because he doesn't know where we're going yet."

"He tol' me some about a trip for his birthday. Me and my fiancée gon' push up." He spoke as Peace peaked her head out of the bathroom to see Von laying on the couch watch TV, before she softly closed the door.

"Ok that's fine. I was also wondering if you knew any private airlines? The ones I've been looking at recently for the tickets are either already booked or flying there after his birthday." Peace whispered into the phone.

"I got a jet." Durk spoke into the phone wondering why she was whispering. "Ian' tryna be funny or none but is he beating your ass or some? You whispering like Tina when she was tryna' hide from Ike."

"Wh- No." Peace whispered. "He's awake he thinks I'm taking pictures in his phone."

"Oh. Girl I thought you was roun' there getting yo' pass knocked off the ropes."

"Peanut what's taking you so long?" Dayvon questioned as he knocked on the other side of the door. The last time a female asked to see his phone, he ended up with a knife wound that was two inches deep. And the female that he was texting was one of his cousins.

"I have to go." Peace spoke lowly before hanging up. She swiped Durk's number from the call log before opening the door.

"Hell you in here doin'?" He questioned as he eyed her, before sitting on the toilet.

"I told you I wanted to take pictures on your phone." She spoke partially telling the truth. "Look."

Dayvon grabbed the phone from her as he smiled down at the pictures. "You so pretty baby. You not posting these dou'."

"I know." She spoke lowly as she sat on his lap before pecking his lips. "I love you."

Ever since the day he spoke about feeling as if something was going to happen to him she made sure to tell him everyday.

"I love you more Peanut." He blushed hiding his face in her neck.

"You want to know my favorite thing about you?" She questioned as he nodded. "How rude you are to everyone else, but when it comes to me and Ru, and your family, you're like the sweetest person ever."