10

╰ ┈ " 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 "✎▫✧⭒...

---

Sun rays peeked through the young woman's blinds as she lay dormant in bed. Beside her was her phone which played music from her favorite playlist. The room was mostly quiet, aside from the songs that came and left every few minutes. (Y/n) continued to stare at her blank ceiling with her mind churning and grinding its gears. There were many thoughts running through her head. A part of her wanted to get up, but her body refused to move at all.

It was like something was keeping her there. Her blanket held her down in a warm embrace, but she wanted to get up.

It might have been more than just her blanket holding her down today.

The thought of opening another letter from Jones made her want to stay in bed longer. Opening a new letter signified the start of the day. She could skip opening a letter today to help herself, but she remembers doing that before.

It happened a few days ago before she hung out with her mother. Strong feelings wouldn't rise up until halfway through the day. Guilt ate her up that day, all because she never opened a letter from Jones that day.

She felt guilty because her mind thought that she was abandoning Jones. She had already told herself that she would be there for Jones, and yet she didn't even say good morning to him that day.

The woman wasn't aware of how bad her attachment is. She had an idea but didn't think it was severe to the point where she felt tied to him. The letters seemed more like a burden to her rather than light reading.

But did she want to move on from Jones? No. Not when she felt as if she had some duty to uphold to the soldier.

who is most likely already dead.

She lingered in her spot longer, until she heard her phone buzz. Her head turned to look at the phone before she moved slowly moved her arm. She answered the call that came through and brought it closer to her mouth.

"Good morning." Her voice was hoarse.

"Vee~ Buongiorno, (Y/n)!" Felicia replied over the phone. "You sound very sleepy? Did you just wake up?" Hearing her friend's voice brought a smile to the young woman's face. Finally, some movement happened.

"I just woke up recently," the woman lied, "I should have woken up earlier than this. Are you coming by right now? I can get out of bed." She would try, anyway.

"No no! I was just calling to let you know when I'll be coming by! It might just be me today. Claire said she doesn't want to go out of the house today since she has a lot of work at home to do and Sorella is busy at work so it'll be just the two of us! Sorry to change our plans!"

"It's okay. I don't mind hanging out with you alone Felicia. Besides, we'll have more time for ourselves, you know?"

(Y/n) could hear the Italian woman squeak through the speaker. A small laugh leaves her lips as she turned her body over. More movement meant good news for (Y/n). She listened to Felicia talk about the plans for today, even if she's already heard these before. With these distractions at play, (Y/n) no longer thought about Jones.

She no longer felt paralyzed.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Her voice was growing louder, although still a bit hoarse. Felicia bid a small goodbye to her friend. (Y/n) put her phone down back on her bed while her music continued to play. Her (e/c) eyes stare up at the ceiling again. She hums as her thoughts continued to roam around in her mind. Each one fought for her attention, but she didn't seem to focus on them right now.