02

╰ ┈ " 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 " ✎▫✧⭒...

---

(Y/n)'s eyes sprung open as she heard her alarm go off of the morning. She's been given the early morning shift for the day, so she just had to wake up earlier than she's used to. She grumbled words to herself as she reached for her phone, immediately pressing on the button that stopped that annoying ring. Her arm hung limb at the edge of her bed, her face now pressed against her sheets.

She didn't want to go...but did she really have a choice? No, unfortunately not.

Gathering up her strength, she pushed herself up with her single hand. It was enough to bring her other arm back to the mattress. With both arms, she could fully support herself, letting her sit up. Her eyes stare out the window. The sun hasn't appeared in the sky yet. Even the bright yellow star doesn't want to wake up yet.

(Y/n) pushed herself off of the bed, her feet first. She slipped on her slippers, not wanting to feel the cold on her bare skin, and decided to head straight to the bathroom. A fresh wash should wake her up. Just not with cold water, though.

Gently she splashed her face, her eyes immediately looking to the mirror. All of her imperfections...they stood out today didn't they? She wouldn't do anything about them though. She couldn't care less about her appearance today. She wasn't in the mood for light makeup today. The woman applied a cleanser and a moisturizer, but that's all that her face is going to get this morning.

(Y/n) entered her bedroom again and looked at the bottom of her bed. She grabbed the box of letters, opened it, and picked the letter that sat atop the rest. She ripped open the envelope, careful of the letter inside. She pulled out the piece of paper that was tucked inside, her eyes scanning the words on it.

Good morning Babe!

Well, honestly I don't know if it's morning there or not, but it is for me! Goodness, did I ever tell you how bad breakfast is? It's super bad. I know the chefs are trying their best right now, but honestly, the tastiest thing I've had is a cracker and jam, and a bit of peanut butter in there too. Other than that, the rest are just...plain horrible. I can't believe this is what they're giving their soldiers! I could go for a burger right now actually, make that a cheeseburger too. Maybe some fries. Add some soda in there too and it'll feel like I'm in a diner again!

How are your meals over there by the way? I hope they're way better than what I'm having right now. Well not right now, but you get what I mean. I hope you guys are getting food over there. I don't know the state of the country right now. All I know is that people are working their asses off over there. Hey, if you don't get a proper meal today, you gotta tell me! I would love to sneak some food to you, that is if they allow me to send crackers and a packet of jam to you.

Sorry, babe! That's all I can really give you.

Anyway, I hope things are genuinely better over there. Have you gotten any better at sewing since my last letter? I hope so! I would love to sew patches together. Granted, I'm not really good at sewing at the moment, but I'm trying! I'm just learning so we could do something together when I'm back home.

Wait! I don't think I actually told you, but I sort of did pick up sewing here too! It's a hidden hobby. Don't tell the boys okay? Not that you could actually tell them anyway, but it'll be our secret!

I'm actually running out of paper and I don't know how much paper they have left. They're trying to ration paper too, for some reason. I guess everything counts right now. I don't know when my next letter will be but rest assured babe, I will try to get you a letter as soon as possible. Take care of yourself okay?