04

╰ ┈ " 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 " ✎▫✧⭒...

---

"How is my sweetheart doing in her new home," (Y/n)'s mother, Sylvia, spoke over the phone. The young woman smiled as she sat on her bed. A stream was playing on her laptop to give her company.

"It's okay mom," (Y/n) hummed, "I think it's got a few things I need to fix, but it's as cozy as it can get."

"I'm glad you're doing well over there," Sylvia replied, "Is it alright if Cherry and I visit you tomorrow? I wanna see how my little bug is doing."

"I think I'll definitely be free tomorrow mom," (Y/n) answered, "I've done all I can to make the house as cozy as it can get. Plus, I've got nothing else to do tomorrow so why not?"

"That's sounds great. Make sure to get ready alright? We're taking you out to dinner."

"Those are the plans?"

"Yes, ma'am."

The smile on the (h/c)-haired woman's face grew. "Alright mom, I'll see you tomorrow then?" (Y/n) heard her mother mumble a short "yes," before saying her goodbye. She hung up the call afterward.

It was a bright morning and getting a call from her mother made the day just a bit better. She hasn't seen her mother in a while. The two women had been busy with their own lives. Her mother was always away on a trip to another country and (Y/n) was stuck at home and always working. She guessed the older woman had recently come home. Hanging out with her tomorrow would definitely be a treat. Maybe her mother might give her some sort of souvenir from her trip? She always does.

(E/c) eyes stare at the laptop screen as a video continued to play. She had her phone down on the bedside table. She didn't need it right now anyway. She was too focused on watching whatever was going on on her laptop. She had not gotten out of her bed and was lazy to do so. It was cold today. Winter was dawning on the country. In a few days, it'll continue to get colder until it'll be hard to get out of bed.

Snuggling closer to her blanket, she stayed in her bed for a few more hours. She only got up from the mattress because her stomach started to riot. Hearing the loud grumbles and stomach pains convinced her to crawl out of bed. (Y/n) shed off the blankets and put on her slippers. She walked to the bathroom and got ready. She stayed in her pajamas since they were already warming her up.

She wasn't going outside today anyway, so there was no use in taking them off.

The young woman brushed her hair, her teeth, and washed her face. She put light moisturizer to keep her face hydrated. Even if she had nothing to do today, it was always good to take care of her skin. She walked out of the bathroom and headed straight for the bed. The stream was still playing on her laptop, but that wasn't going to be distracting for her.

Her focus was on opening another letter from the soldier she's grown very fond of. She had been opening his letters for three months now and she definitely loves his company. She noticed that every time she read his words, she always mumbled to herself. She responded to him as if he would hear her. Of course, she was aware that he wasn't here, but it felt like he needed something to talk to. If by any chance his spirit was attached to his letters, she would love to tell him that she's here to talk to him.

What a lonely soldier Jones was. He seemed to ramble the most in his letters rather than talk to his friends. He was always eager to talk to his sweetheart. She can't emphasize how lucky his sweetheart was. (Y/n) was just disappointed that these envelopes were never opened. His girlfriend would have never realized how sweet he was to her.