03

╰ ┈ " 𝐈 𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 " ✎▫✧⭒...

---

(Y/n) had only been reading Jones' letters for a few days, but she wakes up every morning almost giddy to hear a word from him. The woman knew that it was strange for her to feel like this. In fact, she questioned why she was like this, but she never found an answer to it. Maybe it was because it felt like she had company in her new home.

She was growing fond of jones, after reading three weeks' worth of letters. His banter manage to make her laugh sometimes. When she said that Jones was good company, she really meant it. Sometimes Jones would mention his close friends, and how tight-knit they've become ever since joining the army. He's talked about how the days have been warm, despite the war around them.

Jones enjoyed being around his friends, shooting and fighting for a cause that he believed was right. He speaks of heroism in his letters, wishing that one day he too would be regarded as a hero, be it just a family hero or the town hero.

Whenever (Y/n) reads his letters, there's some sort of pang of guilt and sadness nestled in her stomach. It made her sick, but she tried to laugh it off. The woman pitied him, seeing as he wanted so much in life. She doesn't know how his story ends, but she hopes and prays that it won't end horribly.

Another day has passed in the woman's home.

(Y/n) flutters her eyes open as the sun shines in her eyes. The woman sat up from her bed, rubbing her eyes as she yawned. She edges off her bed, put on her slippers, and started her morning routine. As she didn't have work today, she figured that she might spend it with her dad. The old man had texted her earlier in the week, asking if he could come over.

As (Y/n) hadn't seen her dad in a while, she agreed. He would be coming over today. Her mother was busy working anyway.

The lady made her way to her room, fully awake and fresh for the day. She pushes strands of her hair back as she looked through her phone. Her dad might take a while to get her, so...she has time. Hopping off the mattress, she reaches underneath to pull out the box. She picked a letter from the stack and tucked the container back under the bed. She was ever so gentle when opening it.

A smile appeared on her features as she read the greeting.

Good evening babe,

Today was a bit eventful! It was a rest day for our group and someone sent out the other soldiers to fight in the field today. The majority of soldiers crowded the radio since they were talking about the latest game between the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees! Let me tell you, babe, the amount of cheering and screaming we had tonight was as loud as the soldiers yelling at each other during battle. Even Charles and Alex were fighting with each other!

You know how they are. When it comes to baseball, they are definitely rivals. They always like different teams, but as for me? Well babe, Boston all the way! Hey, if you're a fan of New York Yankees, I don't really mind. Well, there might be a few moments where we might bicker, but hey, I honestly hope it ain't serious! Besides, there'll be more sports memorabilia in our home right?

Well, I don't want to assume that you like sports and all! We just never really talked about sports when we were together. I don't think I bothered asking, honestly. If I did, I would have taken you to a Red Sox game for a date!

Anyway, speaking of sports, and since I have a lot more paper, let me tell you about my sports history! I would have loved to bring it up to you when we were still together, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. I don't think I've ever told you that I was on a baseball team back then! Before my ma and pa moved, we were in Boston, hence why I'm such a big fan of the Red Sox. Got to support the local team you know?

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬: 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 || 𝐀. 𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें