"Where have you been?" Asks a bossy, disapproving voice, Harry would recognize the tone anywhere. He suppresses the urge to smile. "The task's about to start!"

Harry looks towards Percy sitting at the judges' table - Mr Crouch has failed to turn up again.

"Fell asleep in the common room after almost losing my most prized possession, you can ask the twins later, we fell asleep together, a first-year was there too. If it wouldn't have been for Dobby...well I believe you get the gist." Harry trails off with a tiny amused smile. Percy rolls his eyes in a good-natured way.

Harry ignores Karkaroff and Maxime as his focus shifts to Victor and then the rest of the champions. "Good luck!"

His magic slowly settling with a deep sense of calm. The other three relax and then wait for the next instructions.

Bagman points his wand at his throat as he did at the World Cup, said, "Sonorus!" and his voice booms out across the dark water toward the stands.

"Well, all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely an hour to recover what has been taken from them. On the count of three, then. One...two...three!"

The whistle echoes shrilly in the cold, still air; the stands erupt with cheers and applause. Harry tunes out all the sound focusing on his bond with Theo, searching for his brother's magic. He can hear laughter from the stands but it doesn't bother him. His voice booms with the power of the ancient magic of the old religion.

"Draoidheachd nan cuantan as doimhne, comharraich mi an t-slighe gu mo cheangal, gu mo bhràthair. Seall agus stiùir mo shlighe, airson faighinn air ais na th’ agam!" His eyes flare golden as a trail of faint golden glitter leads to the middle of the lake. He quickly casts a warming charm and rushes into the icy cold depths of the water, before diving in he gulps in the Gillyweed and dives into the frigid water.

Holding his breath he waits for the pain in his neck, waiting for his gills to sprout. He swims after the trail of golden sprinkles, leading him deeper into the lake. Then suddenly there is the awaited sharp pain. Harry doesn't stop to look at himself, he can't waste any time, he takes a firm grasp around his wand as he propels himself through the water at a fast pace.

He deliberately avoids going too near to the algae at the bottom of the lake, not in the mood to fend off the Grindylow. There is no time for distractions.

The silence presses in on him and small silver fish flit past him, the landscape around him foggy and grey. Harry hates the bleakness as it reminds him too much of the past, of the many lives that were lost, and all the unnecessary bloodshed, he hated everything about it.

The dust slowly turns brighter and brighter. He knows he's nearing his destination.

"Ced, where are you?" He questions in his mind. For a long while, there is nothing but silence then, to Harry's major distress, he hears Cedric scream.

"Are we supposed to be attacked by rogue merpeople?! What are the professors thinking?! Harry whatever you do, don't come here, I'm near the middle, where the weeds give way to the black sand."

Harry groans and sends two shock waves to find Cedric, seeing as their magic is now connected. He needs to get to Theo and also help Cedric. His mate seems to be doing just fine but even he has limits.

"How are you getting on?"

Harry shifts around abruptly just to find himself face to face with Myrtle. He sighs in relief and motions for the glittering golden trail above him. The girl nods.

"Yeah, that's the way. I won't come with you, they don't like me very much and always chase me when I get too close."

Harry dips his head and shows her a thumbs up before rushing off into the distance, he sends another two shock waves towards the general direction of his mate's distressed magic signature. He swiftly casts another warming charm and rushes on through the water. It takes him approximately ten minutes or so before he can hear eerie singing up ahead. There he made it to the village. He has to get Theo out of the water before he can suffer anymore than he already is. Theo shouldn't have been taken. There's a reason Theo hates the cold as much as he does. It's because of his creature, his creature hates both cold and hot temperatures. His brother is very particular about his preferred temperature.