Chapter 12: Meeting With A God

Notes at the end!

Kristen watched as Thomas left from her view. She wished she could go with them, but she needed to talk to XD alone.

She could only speculate why he was going to be there. Was he mad at her for not residing in the shadow plains where she ruled? Or was he mad she has what he cannot?

She escaped the cold and went into her warm, quiet home. Closing the door with a soft click.

Something in her stomach churned. She felt as though she wasn't alone. Even as she watched from a window, seeing the only family she knew leave, she felt asthough she still had eyes on her.

Was it paranoia? Sure. Did she really give a fuck? Absolutely not.

"You said you would be here later," She called out to the empty home that didn't feel like hers anymore.

"Why wait when we have all of eternity?" A voice echoed, it was cold and distant.

"Why have you come here?" Kristen asked, "Im not going to play any of your games. Not anymore." She demanded, she felt a chill down her back and turned quickly. She saw the god manifest before her eyes.

"Thats no way to speak to your king." He said, his voice was still even. No hint of wavery.

"You and I both know that you are not my king. We rule two very different parts of the world." She fired back, she was angry now. Fearful and angry. She didnt want to let this thing control her life anymore.

She knew it was a loss cause though.

"Kristen, dear, you've seem to forgotten that without you, down there, this world, and many others, will fall apart." He paused, waiting a moment for it to sink in. "The one before this is already crumbling. The dead have risen there, its quite terrible. You cant fix that world, but you can save the rest." He said. He always, somehow, managed to make Kristen see clearly, and she didnt like it.

"My children, my husband, are here. Why can't I have this?" Her eyes started to sting. She quickly wiped them and regained her composure.

"Because they'll be here anytime you want to come back. Philza will reap souls and your sons will find their own jobs. Well, that is for the twins. Thomas however, I feel as though he is different.'' The entity paused and waited for Kristen to react.

"Different how? Other than being smaller than most, he is the same."
Her heart stung as XD called her son different.

"Oh come on," he started, he tried to take a more human form, "As his mother, you cannot deny that he is different." He said, a small smile on his face.

When Kristen was silent, he continued.

"The twins will grow into powerful gods. They already have the aura of a miner God. But Thomas, I doubt he is even immortal." Kristen felt as though she was jabbed in the heart.

Losing Thomas? That was not an option. That is why she sent him with his father, with his medicine that wasn't from this time. Not yet, atleast.

"I dont believe that. He will be a God. Its his destiny." She challenged, her words were so hurried that she couldn't tell if she was trying to convince him, or herself.

"Nevertheless, you need to return to your kingdom. Watch over you family there and return on solstice like the rest of us." He vanished, leaving her with the angry words she never got to say.

The world felt darker. Even though the sun was out and the sky was clear, she felt like there were shadows everywhere. Watching her. Taunting her.

She left a note of the table, one for each child and one for her husband.

If, when, they return to the hallow home, they will read them.

She hoped they would understand. She hoped Philza will grow into a good father role for Thomas. She hoped she wouldn't see them again, not until solstice.

That was her last wish as she left this world and went to the one she ruled.

It was chaos, but with a snap of her finger, it went back into working order.

She cried a little, but she knew this would happen.

Word Count:

Happy (belated) birthday syd!!! Syd_reads_books!!!!! This chapter was written for them as a present for their birthday, even though I'm late.

This story isn't off hold, its still on pause!! Thank you for understanding and I hope you enjoyed this tiny chapter!

See ya later o/