Chapter 2: War and Peace

I hope you enjoyed the last chapter :)
-----

Philza was on the battle field, not only fighting for his kingdom, but fighting for his life.

Enemy soldiers in there silver armor advanced onto their lines, Philza was more than terrified.

He used his wooden shield and metal sword to attack those who challenged him.

He won all of his small battles, but his friends, not so much.

Most of them were slottered where they stood, and others, they weren't so lucky.

They lived long enough to see another fall and then they saw the gracious light of whatever they believed in.

It was truly horrific.

Alas he still went on, slaying those who challenged him, winning of course.

The gods seemed to smile upon him as he was the lone survivor of the battle, this was never heard of.

One single person surviving a battle and winning.

Philza was full of surprises, he made it to the general's tent. He told an officer on the outside reports of the battle, as their comander, and everyone else, was dead.

"Alright, you're dismissed." the officer told him, Philza nodded and went back to his barrics.

The officer walked into the tent.

"Soldier. Report." He commanded.

"General," he saluted, "Sir, reports from a soldier states we have won the battle, he killed every last one of them, he states, he also says that the enemy was wiped out aswell from his own hands. Sir, he has the Generals head with him as proof. He left it outside." The officer finished.

The General seemed more than pleased, "The gods smile upon us. Send word to the king, and get me that soldier..I want to have a word with him." The General commanded, the Officer nodded and left hastily, no time could be wasted.

Philza on the other hand was relaxing on his cot, it wasn't like the bed he had at the castle but it was still a bed, and not the ground.

He had already changed out of his bloody uniform, and into his leisure uniform.

He whistled to himself, trying to distract his mind from the horrors he's seen, the horrors he's done.

He sat up on the bed, he felt as though he wasnt alone. Somthing or someone was watching him.

The wind blew outside like it didn't know about how ugly the battlefield was, littered with bodies.

Then, the tent opened, revealing the Officer he saw earlier.

He jumped up from the bed and got into attention, as the higher ranking officer stood before him.

"At ease soldier. The General requires your presence." The Officer said, almost put of breath, like he's been running errands he didnt want to do.

"Sir, yes, sir." Philza said more relaxed, the Officer nodded and Philza followed him out of the barrics. A once so lively place, full of his comrads, but now sits empty with only one inhabiter.

Philza walked quietly behind the Officer, his steps light but with purpose, the people they passed stared. They've already heard the stories of the battle field, for there leaders were watching.

Philza paid no attention to them, he's been ignored his whole life, and when attention was brought to him, he learned tuning people out was the best option.

The dirt crunched under their boots, when they made it to the tent Philza got stiff but his face showed calmness.

"Get ready soldier." The Officer said, Philza nodded and dusted himself off.