Chapter 11: Snow Sucks

Ayup

They were back on the trail that was slightly covered in snow. This was one of the main trails, so people use it often. The snow will cover it from time to time but it'll always get uncovered by the amount of people that travel on it.

They had their hoods down as they were alone. Thomas was awake and very bored. He wished he had a book and quill. He would write about his adventures and the old man's story.

He hasn't shown anyone the necklace yet. He was reluctant to show them the gift incase the story was true and there was a man inside of it.

He wondered how his mother was doing. He missed her dearly. The meeting should be over by now. So he wondered why they needed to go so far away. Staying at the village they went to seems far enough.

Thomas pushed his thoughts aside as he looked to the sky. He couldnt see but a sliver of it, due to the trees that surrounded them.

He also saw Technoblade's defined features. He studied him for a moment. He had a single scar on his face. It went from the bottom left side of his chin to right below his eye.

Thomas has never wondered where he got it from, but he did wonder if he would get one himself.

Technoblade met the wondering eyes of the other. Thomas looked away quickly and fixed the posture of his neck to where he was facing forward.

Technoblade huffed behind him. Thomas ignored him and stared at the white snow slowly falling on them.

The sky was turning different shades of colors. He's only seen the color of the sky change from the safety of his home.

"Technoblade, scout ahead and find us a spot to sleep." Philza, who was a little bit further ahead, demanded.

"Sure," he answered. Technoblade's legs gently tightened around the horse, "Gallop." He commanded softly.

The horse took to the command and started to gallop down the trail. Thomas giggled at the way his hair flapped in the wind.

Technoblade scouted for a dry area to sleep. There wouldn't be a good place to stay, but anywhere is better than no where.

Thomas scouted aswell, he wanted to feel important.

"Look for somewhere underneath a tree, or if we get lucky, a cave thats dry." Technoblade instructed, Thomas nodded and scouted.

They searched for a few moments until Thomas' pocket started to glow green. Neither if the boys noticed, their focus was elsewhere.

After a few more moments, Thomas noticed something.

"Cave," Thomas pointed to a single area in the woods. Technoblade looked in the direction he was pointing. It was just off the path, he wonders how he's never seen it before.

"Good eye," he says patting Thomas' head, "Let's check it out first before reporting back." He turned the horse to face the right where the cave entrance lyed.

The green slowly disappeared, going unnoticed from the usually very observant pair.

The horse didnt have trouble going from slightly snowy to a very snowy terrain. It has been doing it for awhile.

"Stay on the horse," he said handing him the reigns, "I'll be back shortly." Technoblade got off the horse and walked to the entrance of the cave, leaving snowy footsteps behind him.

Technoblade put his hand around the sword his father gave him and lit a torch. The cave wasn't deep, perfect size actually.

No bats or signs of a bear. Technoblade scoffed at how well they would sleep tonight.