Chapter 8: A Secret To Keep

I watched a Disney movie and I cried... anyways

Edit: I also read a book and cried multiple times.
-----

Thomas, Wilbur, and Technoblade scurried to their room. They needed to pack anything and everything. Just incase.

"Thomas, you can use this bag. Make sure to put atleast two sets of different clothes. Pack for cold and warm weather. And be prepared for anything!" Wilbur instructed, he was acting like he was Thomas' father.

Thomas nodded and picked his things. He was scared in all honesty. He didnt want to leave his mother. Especially if that man was going to be coming back.

Maybe they're just overthinking it though? Maybe the man just wanted to have a simple chat with their mother?

'Yea, a simple chat.' Thomas thought.

Thomas sat on his bed, he was finished with packing. He was just watching his brothers pack their things.

"Thomas, are all of these books yours?" Technoblade asked, he was scanning the bookshelf.

"Some are Wilburs, but yes, most of them are mine." He answered.

Technoblade looked perplexed, "I don't recognize the author. Who is Tommyinnit? Strange name." He continued, Thomas seemed to shrink away.

"Well, um.." Thomas was cut off by the door opening.

"Alright, time for bed boys. We have to wake up early tomorrow." Philza said, he seemed pale.

"Is something the matter, father? Other then our current situation," Technoblade asked, Philza sighed and shook his head.

"I'll tell you in the morning. Now get some sleep." Philza instructed, the twins nodded, Thomas didn't acknowledge his father.

Philza closed the door, and the twins took the chance to question Thomas again.

"Whos Tommyinnit?" Wilbur asked, Thomas wasnt having it though. He blew out his candle.

"Goodnight." He said while going under his blanket swiftly.

The twins gave each other a look. Then they followed Thomas and got in their own beds.

Blowing out their candles, the twins swiftly fell asleep. Their long hours of traveling catching up to them. Thomas though, he was wide awake.

---

"Philza you need to listen! Thomas isn't like the other two boys, he needs different care!" Kristin said, she was packing things she used for Thomas.

"Why didn't you tell me he was ill?" He questioned, "You never mentioned he needed medicine snuck into his food or drinks!" He continued, Kristin had to stop herself from laughing, he was being utterly stupid. And that was funny to her.

"You weren't around for me to tell you. Thomas doesn't even know about it, so don't tell him. If he stops taking these then I fear something will happen." She spoke, her words becoming quieter towards the end.

"What do you mean?" Philza asked, Kristin looked to him.

"His body. Its smaller then what Wilbur or Technoblade was. He isn't strong like the others." Kristin explained vaguely.

"Dear, tell me to the fullest extent. Whats wrong with him?" He asked, the concern in his tone was evident.

"He's dying, Philza. I don't know why, or how, but he is." A tear dropped from her eye, she quickly wiped it away though.

A gasp from the door was heard, Kristin and Philza imeadiatly looked towards the door.

Kristin and Philza both looked at eachother, Kristin being closer to the door opened it. There wasn't anyone outside.

Kristin went to the boys room, candle in hand.

She opened the door slightly. She saw Thomas asleep in his bed, the other two asleep aswell.

She knew, one of them heard their conversation. It was bound to spread amongst them.

---

The Craft family was up before the morning sun.

They're morning was quiet. No one had anything to say. Nothing seemed appropriate to talk about during this time.

Thomas was drowsy, he didnt get much sleep the night prior.

Neither did Technoblade though, he saw him leave and then come back distraught.

Their father was readying the horses outside. Their mother made them breakfast and different meals for their long stay away from home.

They discussed it the night before, they were going to move, only if the meeting with XD was bad.

Until then, they would stay away.

After waiting for what felt like forever, they were about to leave.

Thomas has never left his home. He's never been past the gate of yard. He wouldn't dare leave the safety of their home. He knew the dangers of the real world.

They were gathered together on the porch, saying goodbye to their mother once more.

Thomas was the last to say goodbye. He slowly walked to his mother and hugged her as tight as he could.

Kristin didnt want to let go either, she was going to miss her son.

She was the first to let go, tears welled in both of their eyes.

"Listen to your father and brothers, follow every instruction they give you," she kissed him on the head, "And make a friend, yea?" She continued, Thomas nodded.

They were going to head to the village that was south from their home, though its the furthest away, it'll be warmer weather for the boys to flourish in. Especially Thomas.

Wilbur grabbed his little brothers shoulder gently and led him to their horses.

They had three.

Thomas was silently crying, the immense pressure of leaving his mother alone was overwhelming.

"Thomas, you'll ride with Technoblade. He'll make sure you're safe." Philza instructed, Thomas nodded and went towards Technoblade.

Technoblade smiled at his brother who was crying. "This adventure will be fun. And don't worry, we'll be back home before you know it." He said.

Thomas couldn't figure out who he was trying to convince, him or himself.

Technoblade got on the horse first, then he helped his brother get on. He had him sit infront of him. Just incase they had to go quick, or if he falls asleep.

They all had capes on. Technoblade and Wilbur had to cover their hair, and Philza had to cover his wings. Thomas didn't have anything to hide except for his abnormally small body.

Thomas waved sadly to his mother as they began to leave their secured fence. Kristin waved back. Once they were fully turned around, she let the tears flow.

-----
Word Count: 1057

I've been meaning to write this chapter but with school and soccer I've been held up. Sorry bout that.

Have a great weekend!