Chapter 10: Lost

I'm so fucking angry with my parents. Sorry if this chapter is terrible because of it.
-----

He could not forget. How could he? The pains of his stomach was killing him. Wilbur had no clue. He was just pulling him around like a rag doll.

"Oh! And over here is- Wilbur, maybe we should get lunch." Technoblade interupted. Wilbur glared at him, only for a moment, before he went back to his ramblings.

He was now pulling Thomas toward a food stand.

"Hello!" A small girl greeted. She wasn't small because of her age, she was just short.

"Hi, can we get three loaves of bread? Also four apples, please!" Wilbur asked with the same energy as the girl.

"Of course, that will be three iron please." The girl asked, she ducked under the stand to grab the food that was in a basket below her.

When she stood, she saw a gold piece sitting on the stand. She gulped, "I do not have enough change to give you for that gold, do you happen to want anything else?" She asked quickly.

She didnt want to anger the three. She's never even seen a gold piece before.

"It is alright, you can keep the rest." Technoblade answered, Thomas was confused. Why did the girl not take the gold imeadiatly? He has heard from their stories that people are greedy.

"Thank you! May the gods have you in their eyes!" The girl smiled as she wrapped the bread in a cloth and put the apples in a separate one aswell.

Wilbur smiled, though she couldn't see it. "You aswell," with that, Wilbur grabbed the clothed bread and Technoblade grabbed the apples.

"Let us find Phil, he will want to eat." Technoblade instructed. Wilbur nodded and Thomas followed them wherever they went.

The village wasnt big but it wasn't small either. They get many visitors during the summer, mostly because of the scenery. During the winter though, the snow gets a little too bad.

Thomas had to make sure he didnt lose his brothers in the crowded areas. Wilbur wasn't holding his hand anymore so he wasnt glued to their side like he usually is.

Then something caught his eye. Something shiney and different. He walked to it, 'I will only be gone for a moment.' He thought to himself.

Only for a moment then he'll go back to them.

He walked the snowy path to the stall, it was a gold necklace that he saw. It had a green gem on it. He was mesmerized by it. The shop owner, an older man, didnt mind his looking. Instead he decided to tell the boy a story.

"Hello there, are you interested in the necklace? I have had that one for awhile. A story lies behind the beauty, would you like to here it?" The old man asked, he seemed kind so Thomas agreed. His voice was airy, like the wind was speaking for him.

"Come, come, sit." He said, Thomas went around the stall and sat infront of the old man. He sat criss crossed.

"The necklace once belonged to a brave warrior. His name is unknown, but I like to call him Atreus. Atreus was given this necklace to him for luck. His mother, who gave it to him, believed it would bestow luck upon those that wore it," he took a long breath, "Atreus believes the tales his mother told him, and he wore it everyday. One day though, his luck seemed to run out when he went to war. He died." Thomas' figure slumped, the old man couldn't see the frown, but he could tell by the immediate change in his sitting, that the boy was saddened.

"Do not be sad though, my boy. For his spirit lives in the necklace. His spirit vows to give those that wear it luck. For he never got it, he wants to give it. Would you like to have the necklace, my boy?" The old man asked, Thomas wasnt sure of his intentions. He knew the old man made up the story. Spirits don't get trapped in necklaces. Right?

"No thank you, for I have no money." Thomas answered and stood, he really needed to get back to his brothers.

"As a gift? For goodluck on your travels!" The old man grabbed the necklace. The green jem danced in the sun. Thomas couldn't help but look at it.

"If you insist," Thomas answered, he didnt want to be rude, but he also didn't want to pass up the chance of getting a cool looking necklace.

The old man smiled and handed Thomas the necklace carefully, "What is your name, my boy?" The old man asked, Thomas was reluctant to answer.

"Just a simple name. See it as payment for the gift." Thomas looked to the ground, then back up again.

"Thomas!" He heard from elsewhere. It was Technoblade, with a worried tone in his voice.

"I take it that is your father?" The old man asked, Thomas shook his head.

"My brother, thank you the gift and the story, but I must be going!" He urgently said and left the stall, leaving the old man behind.

Thomas scurried through the snow and people to find the source of the worried voice.

"Thank the gods, Thomas where did you run off to?" Technoblade asked, he checked Thomas' features without taking the hood off.

"I got lost. Wilbur let go of my hand!" Thomas defended himself, Technoblade sighed.

"Thats alright, let us go back to father so we can eat. Then we can get to the next village faster." Technoblade suggested.

Thomas nodded his head and took Technoblade's hand. He held a little more tight than he did with Wilbur's, but Technoblade didn't seem to mind.

-----

Word count: 983

Thank you for being patient. I'm trying to update stories today, I've just been so distracted lately.