--------

Lizzie and I were lounging on the sofa on the second floor trying to keep our eyes open waiting for 7 so we could say goodnight to our baby girl. We had both bathed and gotten ready for bed and it was only 5:30. She had her head laid on my tummy and my hand was combing through her hair. "You're making me sleepy stop." She says but when I removed my hand she whined. "What do you want from me?" I chuckled. "I don't know." She whined again. I picked her up so she was sitting on my lap facing me. "You pick me up like I'm a little rag doll." She says with an amused glint in her eyes. "I'm gentle with you." I defended. "You are." She agreed easily leaning to peck my lips. "I want to be with her." "Me too," I say. "Can I come with you in the morning? Just for a few hours?" "It's up to you, I would love it if you rested though baby." "But I miss her." "Me too, she'll be home before we know it." She nodded.

"Shoot." She says suddenly. "What?" I asked concerned about the sudden outburst. "We need to get the nursery finished." I smiled. "Come with me." "You haven't?" "Of course, I have, the paint fumes needed to be gone before we brought her home I couldn't just leave it." "When did you have time?" She asked as we walked to the top floor. "When I came home in the two weeks before she was born." "You should have been sleeping." "Yeah, mum already scolded me I don't need the lecture again," I say dismissing her and she rolled her eyes so dramatically. 

I take her hand before pushing it open and she gasps as she looked around, everything was just how she wants it, she let her hand skim across the feeding chair as she walked around. "All her books." She says looking at the little shelves filled with all the books we got at her baby shower. We asked everyone to buy her a book and sign it, books last forever and they all wrote little messages in them too so it's super special. 

Her nursery was neutral colours, nudes and a few splashes of pastel pink here and there, all her furniture a light wood matching the minimalistic vibe of the room making a super chill and calm environment. "It's perfect." Lizzie stood at her crib looking into it, I stood behind her snaking my arms around her waist and resting my head on her shoulder. "I can't wait to bring her home." Her voice cracked. "Promise me she'll be coming home." "She will be coming home, Princess. She's getting stronger every day and the constant medication is helping her." "What if something goes wrong." "The doctors will be there." "What if we lose her?" "We won't," I say firmly squeezing her gently. "But what if?" "We stick together and support each other through it, well remember her every day just like her older sibling." She rested her hand on top of mine on her waist and squeezed it. "You're not going to leave?" "No princess. I'm here. You got me for life." "Promise me." "I have multiple times hence the rings." I chuckled. "Nell." She whined. "I promise you princess I am yours until the end of time." "I'm scared we're going to mess her up." She whispered. "I have no clue what I'm doing." She turned to face me her eyes scanning my face. "Neither." "That's comforting." She chuckled but I could tell she was getting overwhelmed. "No parent knows what they're doing." I cupped her cheeks. "Our parents did." "Um no, they did not. My mum left my brothers in a supermarket like 6 times and your mum left you on set more than once." "We're not leaving our child anywhere." She warned me seriously. "Not even once? It's like an initiation into parenthood." She raised an eyebrow. "Scar Left Rose in the Lego store just last week that's 4 years into being a parent." "Eleanor." "Got it, remember the kid... My point is no one knows what they're doing at first but you figure it out and eventually, you get good at it. For you, it's going to be natural and you're going to be amazing at it, just like you are at everything." "Not true." "To me it is." She smiled softly. 

"How much trouble would we be in if you drove us to the hospital?" "Um, well they can't ground us anymore." I point out. "And we have our own home so we have to do chores." She pointed out. Just as we were about to decide to get in the car my phone rang and I answered immediately it was mum. "Is she okay?" I asked quickly the camera turned to her, David was feeding her and we both cooed and gushed at her. "Mummy and Muma wanted to say goodnight, Bug," Mum says everyone spoke so softly around her little ears.