25: Touch

"Double date. Double date. Double date!" Scarlett cheered and Nell stood looking at her in disgust. "Don't look at me like that." Scarlett scolded her. We had just told her we were dating, though she knew but we told her we were now telling people. Only our friends and family excluding my parents and Cassie. "You're so cringy," Nell said walking out of the room. "You love it." "She doesn't," I say following Nell out of the kitchen and through to the lounge. "So double date?" "No. We're not public yet." "But you're telling people." "No, it's complicated," I say looking at Nell so she can explain it. "We're dating, exclusively." She says looking at me and then back to Scar. "But we're not official and we're not going public in terms of the media and outsiders knowing. It's just our small circle. Congratulations on being part of that. Further questions can be saved when Lizzie is not here because you stress her out when you point out flaws in our plans." Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"So no double date?" "We could do something here," Nell suggests. "Here?" "Yeah, we have home dates often." "Home dates?" "Home-cooked dinner, candle on the table, mood music, wine, then to the sofa for a cuddle and a movie," I explained loving our home dates. "Or Nell could come up with a super lowkey location for us to have a proper double date." "That's rude." Nell pointed out. "We like our home dates. Sorry, we're not all fancy like you and Colin." She was teasing but also calling Scarlett out. I sunk into Nell's side needing the closure from her. She didn't question it just adjusted the way she sat so I could get comfy there. She'd move her hand into the range of my grasp and I would spin her ring around her finger. My anxiety sometimes came out of nowhere.

When we first started dating I was hesitant about getting comfort from her but she didn't make me feel bad she was just there for me. And she understand what I needed. "We could go to Little Italy. my brother's friends with the owner of this cute place we could get a table in the back. Super lowkey, no one will bother us." She offered. "What's it called?" "Little ways." "Colin mentioned that place before. I think he likes it." "It's Italian everyone likes it, it's just carbs and more carbs." "True." "But we'll have to go on the weekend because Lizzie is only fake Vegan on those days." "I'm not fake Vegan." "You eat animal products at the weekend do you not?" She asked me and I nodded. "Fake Vegan." She clarifies. She teases me about it all the time.

"Next Saturday? I'll take Colin's clothes and pick him up from work." "Saturday Night Live." Nell highlights. "Yeah." "Saturday." Scarlett Nodded. "Night." She nodded again. "Live." Gosh, she is simple. "Colin isn't free in the evenings my love," Nell says. "Oh, shoot yeah. Um, Sunday?" "We have tennis with your sisters," Nell tells me. "We can bump it earlier." "Nope." "Why?" "I booked that shoot, I told you last night." "Were my eyes closed?" "Yes." "Then you didn't tell me." "You said, yes angel when I asked you if that was okay" "See when my eyes are closed I agree to anything." She rolled her eyes at me and I pecked her cheek and then pulled away quickly. She looked at me, she was going to be annoyed. "We could just play one game of tennis? That way we'll have time to come home shower change. I can pick you up and we'll come here and Scar can drive." "Why me?" "You wanted the double date you don't get to drink," Nell told her. "Colin will drive." "As long as I get wine I'm good." She says before looking over at me. She pecked my forehead. "You okay bug?" "I kissed you." "You did, it was sweet." "You're not annoyed." She shakes her head and smiled faintly. I chewed my lip.

"So 7?" "Sounds good," Nell confirmed for us both. "I'll book the table." "Thanks." We continued to talk about random things and I was getting more anxious the longer we were out of the house. "Think we're going to head back now. But we'll see you Sunday." Nell said standing up and pulling me up after. I didn't even say that I wanted to go. "Yes, you will." She hugged Scar and went to get our jackets and shoes.

"You feeling okay?" Scar asked me, I nodded and fidgeted with my hands. "She's good with you." "I know, she just gets it." "I'm glad you found someone who just gets it." "Me too." "You're jacket, Princess." "Aren't you an angel?" Scarlett teased her. "Right from heaven." She said with a smugged sarcastic smile.