47: Packing

By the end of the week, Scarlett and Colin were back together and Scarlett was back home. Colin was moving in with her and I and Nell had been on a date every day to make up for the time we'll be apart. There have been a million articles about us, we haven't been keeping our distance in public, we've been holding hands leaning on each other there's even been a few photos of us kissing. I've not said anything and I don't plan on saying anything either. We're happy like this. It's fine, the paps swarm and we ignore them and carry on with our day they leave us alone eventually.

We had dinner at my mothers' last night and it went really well, well anything would go really well after the awful dinner at my father's the other night. Nell and I have both been doing well mental health-wise too. I've been a week without an attack and Nell had been pretty level. We haven't been joint at the hip this week though, we've both been doing our own thing and coming home to have dinner together as a typical couple would, it was strange letting myself into the apartment I always waited for Nell to be home or to come and let me in from downstairs but now I just walked in and out whenever. By now it feels natural to do that, I belong there it's my home. I've called it my home for a while. When we told mum she had this proud smile on her lips, similar to the one when I told her Robbie proposed to me. She was genuinely happy for us and it meant the world. My biggest fear was letting her down, I know being in a same-sex relationship is normal for the society we live in today but for my family, it wasn't and I had never expressed feelings for another woman before. I was worried about what they'd think of me. What they'd say to me. Would they think it was a phase? Because it wasn't. The thought of Nell not being mine terrified me it was enough to send me in a spiral.

Right now we were both packing. Nell was heading to Milan again for work and I was heading to Atlanta. Now we have a 6 hour time difference between us so it's going to be hard for two weeks but I'm sure we'll figure it out. Then she's going to LA for two weeks, which I'm slightly annoyed about because I won't be there, I wish I could get it off work but I took this week off to stay and help Scarlett and with all my dad's issues coming to my doorstep too I needed to be home to solve some of the problems though nothing got solved other than getting new prints for the lounge.

"Where are you after LA?" "I'm in England." She says. "So you're not coming back here for 6 weeks?" "Yeah, I'm back here at the start of June." I nodded understanding. "When are you back?" "The same I can fly into JFK instead of LAX." "We could do summer in LA if you wanted?" "Really? You hate LA." "But you live there so I'd have to adapt anyway. And I don't hate LA I love LA. I just, it's difficult." "We could do half and half... First half in LA second half in the city." I suggest compromising. "You're always here though. Plus it'll be nice to spend time with my family." I smiled at her she was too busy folding clothes to notice me watching her. "Whatever you want to do." "Let's do LA in summer, you're here for the holidays." She pointed out. "I am." "I want to be home for my birthday so we could come back the last week of summer." She suggests. "Why New York for your birthday when your entire family is in LA?" She shrugged. She had her reasons she just didn't want to share and I know that shrug is dismissing the conversation, so I stopped.

"So we won't be in the city from now until August 20 something," I say. She nodded moving over to my case taking out clothes of hers that I was stealing. "You need someone to check on the house," I tell her. "I want to keep that." I pout when she pulled a hoodie out. She set it back and took one of mine instead and I smiled to myself. She had two different cases packed. One for Milan which is fairly warm and one for England that will still be coldish right now.

"When we're in LA RDJ wants to have dinner with us." "What?" She snapped up looking at me. "He asked when I asked for the prints." "I can't go to dinner with RDJ." "Yes you can and you are." "Lizzie you saw the way I acted around him." "You'll be calm this time, chill Nell. You can do it." "No, I can't. He's like the one person I have no chill around and it will always be that way." "Deal with it, we're going." She rolled her eyes and continued with packing.