Chapter 26

Lizzie's POV:
Things are going to well right? Somethings bound to go wrong. The three of us are in the car on our way to the beach where we went on our first date after getting back together. This was where I allowed myself to love her again and where our journey as a family started. I'm nervous as hell.
"Are you going to tell me where we're going? You know it's kind of rude to leave in the middle of a party we are throwing," Y/N giggles.
"Nope. It's ok we'll go back afterwards I just wanted to celebrate with our little family for a little while that's all," I explain.
"Beach," Tommy coos when we pull in at our destination. Y/N looks at me with the biggest smile.
"You're perfect do you know that?" She blushes.
"I had a sneaky suspicion. Now let's make some more memories with our son," I instruct.
"Yes Mommy," she smirks.
"Good girl," I wink as I get out to open the door for her. I kiss her gently and then get Tommy out of his car seat who then gives me his version of a kiss on my cheek.
"That's my boy," I smile kissing his forehead. We walk down to the beach holding Tommy's hand between us. This is it my perfect family. How did I get here? How did I get my happy ending? Do I deserve her? No. Will I spend the rest of my life trying to prove I'm worthy? Yes.

Y/N's POV:
Lizzie, Tommy and I dip our toes in the ocean staring at the sea as Tommy splashes around a little as the sun starts to set. I just can't take my eyes off Lizzie and Tommy. In this moment I only want to say one thing.
"Marry me," I let slip.
"What?" Lizzie asks confused.
"Marry me. I want you to-," I start when Lizzie cuts me off covering my mouth.
"No. You are not taking this moment away from me," she warns me. Lizzie takes my hand and Tommy's hand. She gets down on one knee and reveals a box from her pocket with Tommy stood just in front of her. Is this finally happening?
"Y/N Y/L/N I've finally admitted to myself I've loved you all my life. The one moment that sticks out to me as the first time I realised I loved you is when we were 17. We were playing spin the bottle at some party and I was praying that when you spun it the bottle would land on me. But it didn't. I had to wait all those years for our first kiss, our first night, our first date, our first relationship. And then overnight it was gone, it was taken away from us. Finally we found our way back home to each other with a very special addition to our relationship. What this has all taught me is that time is short. And I'm tired of waiting. When you want something and when you love someone you act on it. So Tommy and I have a question for you," Lizzie speaks beautifully. Tommy unzips his jacket and shows a T-shirt which reads: 'Will you marry mama?'.
"So Y/N Y/L/N will you marry me?" Lizzie proposes.
"Yes. This is all I've wanted for as long as I remember. Our family together forever," I answer. She stands up kissing me gently squeezing me tightly. Tommy reached for us both feeling left out a little. We pick him up and both kiss his cheek. This is it this is our happy ending.

We arrived back at the house with everyone looking in anticipation.
"Oh for gods sake what did you say?" Scarlett finally broke the silence. I showed everyone the ring and cheers rang throughout the party causing me to cover Tommy's ears who had fallen asleep. Lizzie takes him from my arms wanting to put our son to bed. I couldn't love her anymore than I do right now. My heart feels like I could explode. The rest of the night goes by like a blur of compliments on the ring because my god it was beautiful and drinking. After everyone had gone I take Lizzie's hand and pull her in for a dance putting on our song. She smiles bashfully kissing me gently. We sway from side to side.
"Have you really been in love with me for that long?" I ask Lizzie.
"Yes. You kissed Leah that night she was the latest blonde you had a crush on. I went home and cried myself to sleep. I convinced myself that I was crying because I'd had too much to drink but I hadn't. I just didn't like sharing you because I was in love with you even back then. When was the first time you knew?" Lizzie replies.
"When you had your first kiss I think we were 15/16. You told me about the desk chair and how you were on the bed and you kissed awkwardly. I hated that was your first kiss. And I had these plans in my head how I was going to do our first kiss. And I realised why shortly after," I admit.
"What was your plan?" She asks smirking.
"Well first I was going to taken you to the beautiful gardens that your family always took you to to give you inspiration for your garden because you were already obsessed. I was going to take canvases and get you pencils with your name on them to draw the gardens with. Just like you had when we first became friends. And then I was going to draw you, not the garden. You were always questioning why I did things so I knew you'd ask why I'd drawn you instead of the gardens. I'd explain that the most beautiful person on the planet is sat in front of me everything else seems insignificant while you're in front of me. And then I'd ask if I could kiss you," I explained.
"Young me was such an idiot. That would've been the most special first kiss anyone could've ever had," Lizzie sighs.
"You now is far from that. You are now the most brave, intelligent, strong woman who doesn't care what people think. And I loved you then but that's nothing compared to how I love you now. We found ourselves in our own time. I had a lot of healing to do. We both did. And things worked out pretty great in the end didn't they?" I reassure her.
"Yeah they did. I'm very glad we're not just friends."

Author's Note:
I think we've all been through enough of a rollercoaster with this story, it's time for some fluff....for now.... I'm kidding. It's time they really get their happy ending. Thank you for still reading.