Y/N seemed hesitant to go to him and I gave her a gentle nudge, letting her know it was oaky, that he needed her, that he needed someone to be there for him, someone who was as selfless as my mate, as caring, as compassionate. Y/N stared at me for a moment, her eyes searching mine and she let out a deep breath, one that was so filled with stress and worry that I was surprised she was still standing, still functioning normal. Moving slowly to his side, Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder, the touch soft and hesitant. "Sehun?"

The distraught cat lifted his head, his face streaked with tears. He stared at Y/N for a moment as though she were a mirage, something he was afraid would disappear if he said anything, did anything. The look on his face was completely broken and I felt my heart clench in pain seeing him this way. Without a word, he reached out and yanked her into his arms, his soft sobs becoming desperate, and the sound revealing just how shattered he was. "I'm... I'm so sorry. I'm s-sorry. Pl-please for-forgive me. Pl-please." Sehun's pleas were broken, coming out in harsh pants and I could see the tears well up in Y/N's eyes.

"Oh Sehun." Y/N's words were gentle as she ran a hand over his hair, drawing him closer to her. "It's going to be okay. It is. We're going... we're going to figure this out."

Sehun let out another heartbreaking sob at the compassion in her voice and I could see the regret that was so clear in his eyes, regret for pushing aside the woman who had done everything for him, the woman who had saved him six years ago. Burying his face in her neck, Sehun continued to cry and I began to worry that he was going to make himself sick. However, after a moment he pulled back, his arms still looped around her waist, his eyes on her pretty face. "I'm so sorry Y/N. I said some terrible th-things to you, things you didn't deserve."

Y/N sighed and from the look on her face, I could tell she was thinking about the last couple of weeks. "It's alright. You were right though. I was interfering with something that wasn't my business."

Shaking his head, Sehun pulled her closer. "No! You were just trying to protect me and I pushed you away. I'm just... just a dumb hybrid."

"Stop it Sehunnie. You're not a dumb hybrid. You... you were caught up in your pull to Evie. And she made it seem like she was sincere, that she really did want you back." The disgusted tone in Y/N's voice was clear as she spoke about the other woman.

Sehun sighed, but was silent for a moment. "I missed... missed you calling me that."

A small smile on her face, Y/N reached up a hand and brushed his hair back, rubbing one ear. "Well I missed my best friend."

Knowing there were things they needed to talk about, I moved closer and put a hand on Y/N's shoulder. "Little mate? I'm going to give you two some privacy. If there is anything you need, let me now. Okay?" Y/N nodded and I could see from the relieved look in Sehun's eyes, he was grateful that I wasn't going to snatch her away too quickly. It was clear from his labored breathing, the tears on his face, and the way he clung to Y/N, that she was what he needed right now, that her gentle touch and soothing words would be the best balm to his aching heart, that my sweet mate would help him heal. Even though it would take time.

Pecking her cheek, I rubbed Sehun's shoulder then left the room, closing the door behind me. I knew most hybrids thought I was crazy for the way I would let my mate be so close to Sehun, to someone who was mated to her, even if platonically. However, I trusted my mate and I trusted Sehun. After working with them for so long, spending so much time with them, I could see that their relationship was strictly platonic, something that was built on mutual love and respect, something stronger than most relationships. If Y/N is what he needed right now then so be it.

Running a hand through my hair, I tried to wrap my mind around everything that had happened. I couldn't say I was surprised about what had happened with Evie. To be completely honest, I had been expecting it. It was clear she had a severe dislike for hybrids and even though I knew Sehun wanted to believe that she had changed, it was obvious that she hadn't and to be completely honest? She never would. Her dislike for hybrids was too strong, to set in and I hated that Sehun had to suffer through it all, had to deal with it all.