Chapter 42

Jimin POV:

I held tightly to Taehyung's hand as Namjoon drove us back to the sanctuary.  We had tried calling Jin, calling Yoongi and Jungkook, but the calls had just gone unanswered so we had made the decision to go back to the sanctuary.  Taehyung's thumb rubbed over my knuckles and I could tell he was trying to soothe me, trying to take away the worry that was clinging to my mind for my human mate, for the woman who meant everything to me.  My tears continued to stream down my cheeks as I thought of my mate.  Was she hurt?  Was she scared?  Was she wondering why we hadn't come for her yet?

"It's going to be okay Minnie.  We're going... we're going to find her and we're going to bring her home, bring her back to us."  His voice was gentle and even though I could sense the worry in it, there was also a determination in it, a belief that we would find her and bring her home.  I knew Taehyung had faith that everything was going to be okay.  It was one of the things that made me fall in love with him in the first place, one of the things that I continued to love about him.  He had this ability to try and look for the good in people, for the good in every situation.  It reminded me a little of both Y/N and Hoseok.  I had noticed just over the short period of time of living with them that they were the ones to bring the smiles back to everyone's faces when we were feeling down.

Hoseok turned around in the front seat and reached out to squeeze my hand, the gesture comforting and soothing.  "Tae's right.  It's all going to be okay."  I nodded at his words, attempting to let them calm me, let them wash over me.  Although I was worried, I didn't want to believe the worst about my mate, didn't want to believe that she would just leave us without a word, without a single indication that she wasn't happy, that she didn't love us anymore.

Namjoon pulled into the sanctuary parking lot and I shoved the door open, barely waiting for the car to stop.  I was out and running before Namjoon could shut the engine off and I could hear Taehyung calling for me to wait.  Not wanting to waste any time, I ignored the sounds of my mates' voices behind me and yanked open the door to the sanctuary.  I hurried down the hall to Jin's office, my sneakers squeaking on the freshly mopped floors.  There was an air of general disorder, tinged with panic and I could tell that something else had happened, something else had gone on.

Jin's door was shut and I pushed it open, stopping short at the sight in front of me.  Everything on Jin's desk was shoved to the floor, pens, pencils, and papers scattered across the floor.  The bookshelves that were filled with medical textbooks were empty, everything shoved off in a fit of anger.  The photo frame of Y/N and Jin, a cute photo taken at what looked like Y/N's high school graduation was on the floor, the glass shattered beyond repair.

Jin was sitting on the sofa, his head in his hands, and when he looked up, his face was filled with betrayal and anger, hurt and frustration, along with sadness so deep that it felt like it cut straight to my soul.  "J-Jinnie?  Is everything okay?"

"No."  The tone of Jin's voice was something I had never heard before, a brokenness that shattered me, a devastation so deep that it felt like a knife to my gut.  "She... she left me.  My mate, my Y/N.  She left me."

Rushing over to him, I wrapped an arm around his shoulders.  "No.  Don't think like that.  Y/N?  She loves us.  She wouldn't... wouldn't do this to us."  I hated the way my voice shook and even though I was feeling the same just a short while ago, I didn't want to believe it, didn't want to believe that the woman I loved, the woman I wanted to be with, would leave us like this.

Jin shook his head.  "We... we saw the feed from the security cameras.  She... she walked out with her ex boyfriend.  Just walked out."

A gasp behind me had me turning to see Namjoon, Hoseok and Taehyung standing behind us.  "What?"  Hoseok's voice was filed with surprise and hurt.  "She did what?"