ten.

-Ashton-

"Did you get everything we need?"

"Yes, officer." I answered, handing him the notepad. "The suspect seems to be telling the truth about his whereabouts, I just noticed a slight shift in his tone when he was asked how close he was to the victim." I explained as he went through my notes with his eyes. "I would be careful if I were you, it seems like he knows more than he let on."

"Got it, that's perfect." He gave me a smile that I returned. "I am going to transfer all of this to the captain. Thank you, Ashton."

"No pressure." I nodded. "I'm going to get some coffee, do you need anything?"

"I'm fine, you can take a break if you want."

"Thank you." I said before opening the door, making my way to the break room.

I sighed, massaging my forehead.

I planned to take a nap before work, but clearly I failed and now I'm exhausted.

I'm looking forwards to that coffee, sound delicious right now-

"No way, that's hilarious!"

I frowned after hearing my co-worker laughing out loud.

What's so funny?

"I know, the keyboard literally hit me right in the face!!"

Oh my God.

No.

No.

No.

I ran into the room, face dropping when I saw him. They looked at me, both of them gone pretty quiet at my sight. I glanced at the two familiar men sitting on the table, coffee in their hands.

"Ashton!" Louis said with a smile. "Look who's came to see you."

I stared at Luke as he waved shyly at me. "Hi."

"Hi." I answered.

That's Calum.

That's fucking Calum.

I am going to murder Calum.

Fucking Calum.

"Uh- I- thought we could talk?" He asked, clearly intimidated by my facial expression.

He cracked his knuckles before crossing his arms together, avoiding eye contract as a single drop of sweat ran down his forehead.

Do I make you that nervous, Luke?

I exhaled loudly, grabbing a cup and pouring some coffee in it. I proceeded to face him again, gently tilting my neck as a sign to follow me outside.

Louis gave me a thumb up while pouting his lower lip behind Luke's back, hinting that he approves of him. I rolled my eyes at his unnecessary remark, soon leaving the room alongside Luke.

"You drink your coffee black?" He asked as I took a big gulp of my beverage.

"Yup."

"Like your soul?" He tried to joke, light smile forming his lips.

I glared at him, definitely not laughing.

"Ah, come on!!" He slapped my shoulder softly. "It was funny!!"

He gave me a cheeky grin, which finally made me smirk a little bit.

"Idiot." I said underneath my breath, making him giggle.

"Now here is the Ashton I know." He answered proudly, sitting on the bench outside next to me.

The Ashton you know?