CH 10 Back Alley's

Nicki's POV--Nicki's sexy car pictured above.

I am looking in the mirror trying to fix my unruly hair and it is not cooperating so I tie it in the back with a leather strap. I can't wait to surprise Angel by visiting him at work. The last couple weeks have been crazy with our work schedules conflicting more often then not. I work Monday thru Friday nine to five and Angel works Wednesday thru Saturday three to midnight with one weekend a month off. So on a normal week three of the nights I'm already in bed by the time Angel comes home.

I still try to stop by and have a meal with him at least once a week but sometimes an hour jus isn't not enough time for me. So tonight I'm going to stop by and have a drink and visit with him and Grey before I come home to go to bed. I wonder if Blaine will let us use his office for a quickie. Probably not.

Finding parking was easy and in no time I'm  walking past the line to get in but Angel isn't the bouncer checking people in. I walk up to a guy I have meet before. I think his name is Josh. He opens the door for me "Have a nice evening Mr. Alexandrov."

I look back and smile."You too Josh." He doesn't correct me so I assume I got his name right. I see Grey at the bar and walk up to him. "Hey Nicki. What are you doing here? Do you want a drink."

"Yes please, I am here to surprise Angel but he wasn't at the door. Where is he?"

Grey makes my drink quick and efficiently. "I think he might be out back still we had a little scuffle and a couple Jerkwards had to be escorted out."

I nod and take a sip of my Jack and Coke. Grey leans over the bar and hugs  and kisses me on the cheek. "You can go down the hall to the back door if you want I will intercom the front door that Angel is on break."

I pick up my drink and stand from the bar. "That would be great my boy."

I wave to Blaine as I walk past his open door he is on the phone so I don't stop for a chat but he does waves back with a smile. I follow the hall to the back door that is open. I step outside and a few feet in front of me is Angel his back is to me facing one of the guys I can only assume he threw out. Angel doesn't notice me and keeps talking to the guy. He is big and has a intimidating aura to him that has me slightly unsettled. I overhear most of what they say.

"Come on Jay you can't just show up at my work and cause problems what If Nicki would have seen the way you kissed me.What is wrong with you?"

"Angel you don't return my calls, your never home how else was I suppose to be able to see you. I love you baby why are you doing this to me?"

I have heard enough so I turn around to go back inside dieing a little inside as I leave. I can't believe this shit is happening again only a year ago I found Jordan in the same position only he was telling his lover I would never find out. I don't know why I always try to surprise my lovers it never turns out well for me. I guess it's better this happens now now before I got to much more attached to Angel.

Damn I'm a fool. I was seriously considering asking Angel to move in with me. I love spending time with him and with our schedules it would have made things a lot easier. Fuck my life I can't believe this has happened to me three times but this time I swear I will never fall in love or get in a relationship again. Only one night stands from now on or maybe I can become celibate that's sounds more realistic.  

I make my way back to Grey. "Give me a double shot of Jack my boy." I sit at the bar and wait for my shot when Grey puts it in front of me I down it quick getting lost in th burn as it travels down my throat.

"What's wrong Nicki where is Angel. Did you not find him?"

"Give me another. Oh I found him alright in the back alley with his boyfriend." I down the next shot. That one didn't even burn on the way down.

"No way Nicki your Angels boyfriend I know he texted me you guys were in an exclusive relationship a couple weeks ago. He was so excited he texted me at three in the morning he wouldn't see someone else. You must have misunderstood."

"Oh Grey I was once young and naïve like you but this has happened before I heard it out of Angels own mouth he kissed that other guy tonight and that was before the other guy said he loved Angel."

I stand up to leave lighter on my feet after a couple shots. I walk towards the door but of course I can't make an easy exit Angel catches me.

"How long have you been here Nicki you look a little tipsy." Angel says looking rather guilty.

I laugh as he grabs my arm and I rip it out of his grip. "Don't bother Angel I know what is going on you can't play me for a fool."

I turn and walk out the front door and make it all the way to my car before I start fumbling with my keys. I drop them and just stare at them on the pavement when I see a hand pick them up. I look at Angel unlocking the door and getting in the driver seat. "What the hell are you doing Angel?"

"I'm driving your drunk ass home Blaine said he would have someone cover for me so get your stupid ass in the car Nicki."

"Don't call me that only my friends can call me Nicki." I snicker as I slide into the passenger seat. "God Angel why did you have to be like all the rest. I thought you were different I saw a future with you. I loved you." I look over and see a tear fall down Angels face and reach over without even thinking a wipe his face. "Why are you crying I should be the one upset?"

"Oh Nicki you old fool. I can't believe you would even think that but it doesn't matter right now there is no use talking to you while your drunk."

I sigh and lean my head on the headrest for the rest of the drive. Once Angel opens the front door I go straight to my room and undress before I get into bed. I don't know if Angel stays or goes all I know is I fall asleep in bed alone. I don't think I have ever had a worst night of sleep with all the tossing and turning I do.

I lied about yesterday being the last update this week I just had to post this. I have one more Chapter before this book is over and I start updating Broken Dancer which will have Nikolaus and  Angel in too so don't worry. I'm also going to have Grey and Blaine's wedding in Broken Dancer. Vote comment let me know what you think of all my new covers and if you want Mischa with Avery or Adrian.