Chapter 21

Y/N: Happy two years of me last updating this story! I'm sorry it took 2 whole fucking year to come out with a new chapter. I'm trying my very best to get all my stories done.

I had to reread the whole story before getting back to writing and read every single one of your comments along the way and let me tell you that they made me laugh cry. Love you guys and how patient you've been waiting on my lazy ass.

Just a heads up that there will be 3 or 4 more chapters after this before the book is finished. SO brace yourselves<3

-------------------------------------

The whole of the care facility was particularly cheerful. Not sure if this was due to Dominique's energy or because it was a beautiful day outside.

On the whole car trip, Dominique had been whistling all sorts of tunes one after the other.

"You are particularly on it today Dom." I had told her while on our way there, happy to see the person I considered like a second mom this way.

"That's because it is a beautiful day, full of positive energy and my baby finally got her girl. Life just couldn't get any better." She had replied back to my statement with the biggest of smiles.

Now Dominique was sat having some lunch on the grass of the facility with my mom, with a plaid blanket nicely laid out.

"I love seeing both of them like this." Ariana said coming up behind me and slipping her hand in mine. "They really deserve to be happy."

I wondered if this was also more subtly aimed at the both of us after what we had been through a week ago.

"I think they really do." I replied, lightly giving a squeeze of Ariana's hand, which caused her to softly rest her head on my upper arm.

The butterflies this girl was causing in the pit of my stomach was amazing.

"Are you two lovebirds going to get your asses over here and join us for the picnic or are you going to stand there like some cover for a cheap ass Netflix series?" Dominique's voice echoed across the park, which got the attention of some caretakers and residents around, who couldn't help but chuckle at the comment.

I just shrugged and Ariana giggled as she walked past me in order to join them sitting on the ground.

I was quick to join them and got offered a seat next to Dominique by a gentle tap indicating to sit next to her.

"Isn't this day just wonderful? All of us here..." She reached for my hand with one and my mom's hand with her other and held them close to her heart. "Sorry Ariana, I only have two hands, otherwise the third would have been for you." She said laughing.

"It's okay, I know I'm included in your affectionate statement here." She reassured her with one of her breathtaking smile that I loved seeing. I saw her pick up one of the strawberries in the Tupperware and take a bite out of it.

"Good, because you are, honey." My mom faintly spoke out.

It had been a tough week for her, she had been particularly tired and out of it. But today was different, she had regained a bit of strength and seemed to really be enjoying the fresh warm air.

I saw my mom throw a quick glance at Dominique and a loving smile came across her face, which filled my heart with love and happiness that both of them could finally be open about each other. Dominique had admitted to my mom on one of her lucid days that she had spilled the beans about their relationship.

Ariana lightly cleared her throat, which got everyone's attention.

"Well, on a lovely day like this, I just had something important I wanted to ask." She smiled coyly.