Chapter 9

I didn't have to answer her question because Ariana decided to break the silence.

"I see the way you keep looking at me." She said it in a very matter of fact tone. She let go of me and faced me. She looked into both of my eyes trying to figure out my thoughts and I could simply look back at her wondering what her next move was going to be.

Nothing could prepare me for what happened next. Her hands reached for my face and pulled me into her. Her lips tasted sweet, most likely from her lip gloss she still partially had on. My hands were already on her waist and I felt the goose bumps on her skin as her body reactively arched towards me. My heart did summersaults but still something was wrong.

I pulled away.

"Ariana, you're not thinking straight. You just had a really bad fight with Pete. I don't want to be your rebound." I managed to say despite my heartbeat going wild.

She slapped me.

"You slapped me." Captain obvious.

She stood up angrily and raised her voice.

"You give me all these mixed fucking signals. Your jealous look when Pete is near me, your overprotective ways for me and saying all these things about me in Pete's driveway. I heard everything. I got butterflies when our hands intertwined earlier for fucks sake. I hate seeing you with Courtney; I love her but I hate her and I hate myself even more for thinking that setting you up with her was a fantastic idea. Fucking hell, I can't even have sex with Pete because every time he kisses me or try to touch me, you're the only person I think of. He's talked about you so much that I feel like I'm the one that has known you the longest. You're just everywhere around me."

"Pete said you had sex yesterday evening." Was the only thing I could find to say to her despite her admitting all this. I mentally knocked myself out with a baseball bat.

"Do you really believe everything that comes out of his fucking mouth?" She was angry. I was upset now. It was as if she was blaming all of this on me. "We did not. I don't want him to be the one touching me like that."

"You see? You say I give you mixed signals but what about you? You set me up with your best friend and then you text me out of the blue that you need to see me and you come here in the middle of the night. You kept giving me jealous looks every time Courtney said anything to me or touched me. Pete calls you out and you go running back to him? I don't know what to feel. All I know is that these past two days have just been jealous episodes one after the other. I can't get my fucking mind off of you but you're my best friend's girlfriend..." I was so emotional right now and talking louder than I normally would. I was standing a few inches from her. "You drive me fucking crazy and I hate it."

Our eyes were glued to one another.

(*Start of smut - in case you feel the need to skip)

And as if our lives depended on it, our bodies collided. We were lost in a passionate kiss where we were both fighting for dominance. My tongue grazed her lips and she opened them slightly, granting me permission. Our kiss deepened as we darted our tongues into each other's mouth. She was now caressing my cheek with her thumb. I cupped my hands hand against her neck just beneath the jawline and slowly trailed my thumb lightly across her jaw. She moaned into the kiss at my touch.

This was intense, I was feeling high, turned on, on top of the world as her scent was all around me, as her whole body was pretty much mine at this exact moment.

Her hands moved from my face down my neck, my chest and stopped at my waist. They then slipped into my shirt. My skin was now in direct contact with her and I shivered. She lifted my shirt off of me and I my upper body was left dressed in nothing but a bra. She explored my body with her hands as I got more and more aroused.