𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 36: 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷 𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴

Triggers: ⚫️🟡🟣

The figure blocking their path towered above both of them. Nikei and Aki were just about to head off into the next room of the tower when he appeared as if from nowhere. His expression was blank, yet intimidating all at once. It was a bit startling to see him there, so out of the blue. It was safe to initially assume that he had picked up his book and gone on his merry way.

"T-Teruya?" Aki breathed out with confusion.

"What are you doing here? Get out of the way." Nikei scoffed impatiently.

Neither of them had any time to process what was going on past this point. It was as though they'd just blinked and been transported to a brand new, horrific setting. It was like stepping into a strange portal and instead of meeting Teruya's gaze, they were met with the barrel of a silver pistol in between their eyes.

"Shut up if you want to live."

Aki's skin went pale with horror as Nikei's eyes widened with surprise. But instead of cowering back and letting that fear dominate her, it fueled Aki's adrenaline. She knew this situation. She had been here before, more times than she would've liked to admit. From her previous experiences, people with guns got off on their victims' submissive fear. This was a scare tactic if anything else. So, Aki stepped in front of Nikei and put an arm up as if to protect him. Aki tried to look and sound menacing, but her whole body shook.

"...What's going on?"

"Aki, don't! Get back!" Nikei harshly whispered, not expecting her to act so boldly in the face of a gun.

"From now on, you will listen to every word I say. If you resist, I will shoot you on the spot."

"Are you insane? What makes you think we're gonna—"

"I said shut up!!" Teruya yelled angrily, startling Aki further.

Her eyes widened a bit further, struggling to process this situation. She wasn't sure if it was his tone of voice, his staggering height, or just the gun itself, but she lacked a retort to Teruya's demand, pressing her lips together anxiously.

"You do realize if you kill us, you'll have a trial, right?" Nikei spoke up nervously.

"Who cares? The fact is, I can kill both of you right here, right now if I wanted to, trial or not. Don't believe me? Then who wants to volunteer?" Teruya growled.

"If you dare shoot Nikei, I will kill you without a single issue."

Aki's voice oozed out like venom, without a second thought. It was practically automatic... like she didn't have to think about it.

"Aki, no! L-Let's just do what he says...Please, I don't want you to get hurt."

Nikei grabbed Aki's hand tightly, making her flinch out of her raging determination and look up at him softly.

"Nikei...?"

She could see the fear igniting in his lilac eye. His face looked more serious than ever, causing Aki to reel in her anger a bit and soothe Nikei's worry.

"...Okay, fine. What do you want, Teruya?" Aki huffed reluctantly.

"Turn your backs and walk towards the stairs. Once you're there, go straight up to the break room at the top."

"B-But why there...?" Aki questioned.

"If you talk back one more damn time, I will shoot your brains out on the spot. Don't make this any more difficult and just do as I say." Teruya hissed.

Aki growled as she and Nikei begrudgingly did exactly as he demanded. Once they were there, they saw Shinji and Iroha there as well. Teruya soon left the room, presumably off to retrieve the others.