𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 35: 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓘𝓼 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼

Triggers: 🟢

(54)* Nikei was the first of the two people in his room to wake up the next morning. It was slightly earlier than he would've liked to wake up since hated that he was becoming so anxious to get his plan started.

But that didn't really matter right now, as he took a second to appreciate where he was, physically, at least. He was still resting on Aki's chest, and though normally he would be flustered, he snuggled his head a bit closer. He took a mental note that an eighty-six-centimeter chest made for some amazing pillows.

He took a glance up at Aki's sleeping face. Her breathing was incredibly soft and slow, much like a calm breeze. Her hand was still tangled in his black hair, and even if it wasn't scratching his head, it still felt heavenly.

He smiled sleepily, lifting his head and bringing her head onto his chest for a change. Her hair had long fallen out of its bun, draping onto the bed and her cheek. He tucked one of the front pieces behind her ear before tangling his hand in her fiery red strands. It was surprisingly thin and silky, despite there being plenty of it. He knew he could never do her head scratches justice, but he still tried, scratching the back of her head as he put his chin on top.

Aki was gently woken up by this feeling, very quietly mumbling at how nice it felt. She felt herself instinctually grip Nikei's white button-up shirt, to pull herself closer to the source of the heat she was feeling. She hummed softly.

"Nikei..."

Her tone sounded very sleepy, but also a touch needy. Nikei blushed at it for a moment, before softly grinning through closed eyes.

"Hey, poet."

When he received no response, he looked down to see her still fast asleep. That was when he got a little more flustered.

Did she just...say his name in her sleep?

He just about lost his mind over how adorable that was, burying his head in her hair and quietly laughing.

"Oh, now that is a scoop. Hm...' Cute Ultimate Lyricist Gets Caught Sleep-Talking...!'"

He was about to get up and write it down but realized the pen behind his ear wasn't there. In fact, it hadn't been in a few days, now that he thought about it.

"Shit...where's my...?"

Aki felt Nikei moving, now fully awake. She yawned, quietly groaning sleepily.

"Nikei...?"

He looked down to see freshly awake green eyes meeting his lilac gaze.

"Ah, you're actually awake this time." he snickered.

"What are you talking about...?" she mumbled.

"I was about to write down an incredible scoop for my latest article...But I don't have my pen." Nikei yawned gently.

"What kind of scoop?"

Nikei grinned cheekily. "Just about a...really pretty girl saying my name in her sleep."

Aki blushed, covering her mouth, clearly embarrassed.

"W-What...!? Did I really...?"

Nikei giggled. "I thought you said you didn't think you were pretty."

"T-That's not...ugh, Nikei~!" She lightly beat on his chest, making him laugh more.

"What~? I'm just stating facts! It's what I do, poet."

He sat up so he could get out of bed. Aki pouted, but followed suit, stretching her arms.

"Now if I could just find my trusty pen..."