𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 19: 𝓐𝓬𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓷 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓑𝓪𝓭 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼

Triggers: 🟡🟣⚫️

The look of shock and hurt on Emma's face would forever haunt Aki's memories. But, all of the clues matched up. It seemed completely unlikely at first since Emma appeared to care for Kokoro more than anyone. But, lying was easy, for an actress especially.

"...What?" she breathed out.

"I'm sorry...but my evidence matches up with Kanade's deciphering of the dying message. You're the culprit, and that's the truth." Aki frowned.

"What...?" Emma repeated.

"E-Emma's the culprit...!?" Iroha shrieked.

"H-Huh...? Aki, have you forgotten who Emma is? Why would she...of all people...kill Kokoro?" Yoruko asked with widened eyes.

"Um, did you not hear me? Combined with Kanade's solution to the message and my exclusive evidence, there's no one else besides Emma. Plus, she is the tallest girl here, correct?"

"Yeah, but still..." Shinji mumbled.

Tears began streaming down Emma's face.

"...A-Aki...H-How could you? Losing Kokoro was painful enough, yet I'm desperately trying to find her killer...And you...have the nerve to say...I killed her? That's crossing the line. If this is some sick and twisted joke, let me make it clear to you that I'm not laughing." 

"A...Even if the dying message coincides with Em's height...don't you think this is a bit...? I mean, it was no secret Em regarded Koko as her best friend. You saw how upset she was when we found her body..." Setsuka defended.

"Yeah...sorry Aki, but I can't get behind that. This feels more coincidental than incriminating..." Yoruko nodded.

"Maybe our interpretation of the dying message was just wrong?" Yuki wondered.

"...Seriously? Are you all really that stupid?" Kanade huffed.

"W-Whoa! Dial down the aggression a bit, eh?" Teruya gasped.

"My interpretation is one hundred percent accurate. Didn't I just say that once we determine the culprit's identity, the rest falls into place? Trust me, if you assume Emma's the killer, this case becomes much simpler."

"I completely agree, Kanade." Aki nodded, regaining some of her lost confidence.

"Kanade...I know you think you're helping, but I assure you, I..." Emma's voice was shaking through the cracks.

"Y-Yeah, c'mon Kanade...You're being mean to Emmie. There's no way that Emmie would ever..." Hibiki pouted.

"Sis? How about shutting the hell up while I'm talking? If you don't plan on being useful, be a good sister and stay out the way, okay?"

Kanade's face was quite unnerving, her eyes wide and soulless peering at her sister. Her voice was lower and hissier than her usually soft and fluffy voice. This shift in attitude was enough to make Hibiki squeak and take a step back. 

"Eek! Kanade...?"

"K-Kanade..it's okay. I'm with you on this." Aki stuttered.

"Hm...it seems to me that Miss Kanade and Miss Ezume have already solved the case. Well, I expected nothing less from our little lyricist." Mikado grinned coyly.

"Your praise disgusts me, bastard. It's not like my notes are perfect, there are still some details I don't have since my investigation was cut short." Aki huffed.

"I dunno, are we sure about that? Looks to me like miss little sis is getting a bit deluded. And Aki? You're probably just desperate for someone to actually agree with you on this. It's you two against everyone else. Plus you keep talking about this exclusive evidence only you have, yet you could easily just be deflecting. If you really believe Emma's the culprit, what's this evidence of yours, poet?" Nikei scoffed.