𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 20: 𝓘 𝓓𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓛𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰

Triggers: 🟣⚫️🟡🔵

"That's right! Ms. Emma Magorobi was the culprit of this murder case! A rightful verdict indeed! I must say that your performance was splendid." Monocrow cooed.

Emma hung her head silently.

"Emma..." Yoruko frowned.

"Darn it..." Shinji shook his head.

Even though Aki was the one to drive everyone to this conclusion, it didn't hurt any less to see Emma like this. Aki had considered her a friend up until then, so having to blame her for something as awful as the murder was not a pleasant feeling.

"Why...just why!? You were close friends with Kokoro...Why did you kill her, Emma!?" Yuki yelled.

"Why do you think she did it when there's only one possible reason!? It's 'cause she's a Void! You're a Void, aren't you, Emmie? Well!?" Hibiki grumbled.

"Hey, isn't it too early to say that? We're not entirely sure if a murderer is one hundred percent guaranteed to be a Void member." Nikei glared.

"It would be best if Emma explains it to us herself..." Teruya grimaced.

"Em, please...Tell us about your reason..." Setsuka demanded.

The entire time Emma was silent, not looking anyone in the eye. That is until Mikado addressed her.

"There is no need to mind my presence, Miss Magorobi. Speak freely as you like."

Aki's eyes widened with horror as she covered her mouth.

"You can't be serious..."

"Eh? What's he talking about?" Yoruko asked.

"Your abilities are far superior to those of Mr. Makunouchi, so I put my trust in you. You may use the little time you have left in any way you want." Mikado insisted.

Emma sighed in defeat, lifting her head to reveal her once ocean-blue eyes glowing red with madness.

"...Nothing big. I did it because I'm a Void like you pointed out. That's all. Just like Hajime was, I am Mikado's co-conspirator and ally too. I'm sorry if you expected something saintly from me."

"V-Void..." Iroha panicked.

"See...? I told you..." Hibiki pouted.

"B-But the Voids...Weren't they no longer willing to work with Mikado, after he betrayed them?" Shinji blinked.

"Betrayed...Yes, Hajime died, and we weren't told that we would die for real, either. From our perspective, it's true that Mikado betrayed us." Emma nodded weakly.

"Then why...? Why did you commit murder?" Sora asked.

"...It's too late for us to turn back. Us Voids...we cannot be saved even if we decide to abandon the plan at this point. If we antagonized Mikado and helped you...escape this island, there would be absolutely nothing left for us." Emma's voice was eerily gentle.

"But you didn't have to go as far as murder...! I don't know about your motive, but we could have helped you get over it!" Yuki shouted, causing Emma to fight back.

"It's not something that can be magically solved like that! You don't know anything about us! We have our own reasons for doing this!"

There was a tense moment of silence before Kanade joined the conversation.

"Is that why you killed Kokoro? Was it to carry out Void's plan as a member of the group?"

"Kokoro said Hajime's murder was coordinated in advance. They must have a goal that needs to be accomplished no matter what, even if it means killing someone and risking execution." Nikei answered, his voice full of conviction.