– Eh?

I looked at the candle, which had almost burned out its own, which was why the cake on which it was standing was in danger. I immediately inhaled more air and extinguished the candle with a powerful exhalation. It's very easy to distract me from something important, isn't it? In any case, it's good that the cake remained in order.

I looked at my husband, he looked at me. I looked at our daughter, he looked at her too. The two of us looked at the cake.

– Kiyotaka, do you want a piece of cake?

– Sure, why not?

I decided it was better for us to eat some cake instead of doing something weird. In the end, we even decided today not only to celebrate our daughter's birthday, but also my husband's birthday, since the difference between them was only ten calendar days.

Anyway, I gave him a quarter of a strawberry cake, but there was something else. He still held our dear sunshine in his arms. Maybe I should feed him? For some reason, a faint smile appeared on my face.

- Why are you smiling so smug??

– Because I love you.

Or maybe my smile was much more pronounced than I thought. In any case, I used a small teaspoon to scoop up a small piece of cake and bring this sweetness to my husband's mouth.

He looked at me in surprise, but he had no other choice. He had to eat the sweetness I offered, after which I again scooped up a piece of cake on a spoon, then to feed it all to Kiyotaka.

Still, this piece of cake ran out pretty quickly.

– Auuw!

Okay, now our daughter wants to eat cake. I knew it would happen as soon as Kiyotaka ate it, but still I wanted to believe that everything would be fine. Unfortunately, I couldn't let my daughter eat this sweet for obvious reasons. Well, it can't be helped.

– Meow.

After all, I'm a good mom, right? More precisely, I think I can be a good mother. At least I really try to follow the different rules from the training books. Perhaps I should repeat some points of these rules before going to bed? Still, it's not easy to follow a child.

– Meow!

– Aau!

But still, living in a full-fledged family is really exciting. Of course, it can be difficult from time to time, but I'm really glad to have such a life. My husband, our daughter, our cat, I really love them all!

- Mauw!

– Meow?

To be honest, I couldn't help but smile because of these thoughts. It's really good when your happiness is always with you.

– Meow.

– Ow!

– Hm?

I noticed that my cat appeared here. She was walking on the floor now, which attracted Hikari's gaze. Thank God she came to help us. Thanks to Ice, our daughter was distracted from the delicious cake.

Wait... Why does our cat have part of the fur on her back and neck not white, but pink? Why does she leave pink pawprints when she walks on the floor?? What's happening???

– Kiyotaka, what's going on?

I decided to ask my husband about this, hoping that he would give me a reasonable explanation of the situation. Maybe I just fell asleep? Is this all a dream??

– Cake.

– A cake?

I looked at the cake and noticed that it was not in the place where this delicacy should have been. More precisely, the cake was in place, but something was wrong with it. I mean, the cake was literally crushed by someone. It feels like someone has been rolling around in this cake. Wait...

– Ice!!

– MEOW!!!

She immediately fled the room, leaving more pink pawprints behind her. All this pink shade appeared because of strawberry cream. Ice literally bathed in our cake!

Against the background of this whole situation, Hikari started laughing. Yeah, she's laughing now, but I'm not laughing. Stop. Why didn't Kiyotaka do anything??

- Kiyotaka, why didn't you stop her earlier?!

– I'm sorry, I was carried away by your beautiful smile.

– Ah...

No! My heart! Why are just these simple words enough to make my fragile heart start dancing?? Oh my God, Kiyotaka... I love him, but sometimes he behaves so strangely and stupidly!

– Beee! Baka...

I stuck my tongue out at him, showing my disappointment. But our daughter only laughed harder because of this.

- Don't worry, Hiyori. I'll clean it up soon.

But still, he is very responsible. Still, I love him, but he really needs to monitor the situation around him better.