CHAPTER 20

CHRISTIANOS POV

Right now we're in the car, driving to the estate. It was closer. Zara is on the verge of passing out still shaking and crying.

"Fuck, this should not have happened Aless, she's a civilian" Nick murmurs.

"The fuck do you mean?" i spit.

I know what happens when a 'civilian' gets mixed up in mafia business.

"Calmati Chris, we'll think of something" Aless murmurs.

I unknowingly hold her tighter.

~

After i safely lay her in my bed and cover her up, i walk back downstairs, this is far from over.

"Papa you know what we do in this situation" Alessandro says making my blood boil.

"Alessandro, that girl is family now, dont" papa says firmly. Thank fuck.

"What do we do then, you shouldve seen her, she was shaking she will never understand, or think of it as normal." Nick exasperatedly says.

"Ill fucking talk to her, dont say something that'll make me break your jaw in" i snarl. Nick just rolls his eyes.

"Christiano, boy, Calmati" papa says. "Everyone go to bed, we'll talk in the morning with Zara present, regular protocol is out of question here" he declares. I glare at Alessandro and Nick and walk outside to light a smoke.

Soon they all come out.

"Chris, man we have nothing against her, its the regular protocol, you know that" Alessandro says. "And ofcourse i wouldn't think of threatening her, i just wanted to be fair".

"Yeah, like we're in the fucking saint business" i spit.

"Hey man, chill" Nick says. "We all like her" he says. "Not in the same way as you" he chuckles and i flip him off.

After im done smoking my cigarette, we all take up to our respective rooms.

I walk in to see her small figure in my bed, eyes closed but her face holds distress. Fuck.

I look her over and realise she's still wearing the bloody dress. Should I change her? I walk closer and put my things down on the night stand.

"N-no!" she shrieks making my head shoot to her. She starts shaking and struggling with the sheets. I quickly go to her side.

"Zara, baby calm down, shh, its okay youre safe now shh" i hold down both her arms so she doesn't hurt herself.

5 minutes go by and she has significantly calmed down. I let her go and sit at the side of the bed on my knees. She looks at me with teary eyes and whimpers. I hate that fear in her cries.

"They-t-they k-killed the-m" she hiccups looking like a small scared child.

"I know baby, im sorry you had to see that" i stroke her hand with my thumb. "Baby can you change out of your dress? Can you do that for me?" my voice and tone is soft. Ive never fucking cared if someone is fragile what the fuck.

She slightly nods her head, obediently and i help her walk to the bathroom, i seem to be carrying all her weight which leads me to believe she's still in shock.

I try to close the door to the bathroom but she whimpers.

"You want me to leave it open?" i ask her. She nods a little. "Okay, here" i hand her a shirt of mine which she takes and i turn around because she wasnt making any moves to go any further in the bathroom.

"I-i mm d-done" she whispers and i turn around. Fuck she looks so hot in my shirt always. Not the time asshole.

"Do you want bottoms love?" i ask and she shakes her head. I help her back in bed and watch as tears fill her eyes again. A sob breaks through the silence and i sigh. Damn it.

"he-he came f-for m-me?" she asks me, looking up with a lost look in her eyes.

"No, no piccola they were after us, its okay"

"N-no i-i k-killed them t-they we-re taking me h-home" she hiccups. "t-they s-shot them i-i tried t-to st-" she sobs.

"I know bambina i know" i say to her. She clutches my shirt in her small fists and soon i feel her fall asleep on me. I move her to the center of the bed and lay down, her still half on my chest.

Fuck whats going to happen tomorrow.