CHAPTER 10

"This is Zara, she works at the office and she was working late so we invited her to dinner, Zara, the familia" everyone looks at me welcoming smiles. Oh my god im so nervous.

"Oh, hello tesoro, welcome, have a seat, its lovely to have you" the women says. "Im Christianos mother, and Chris, why are you overworking her, its not nice" she says. My boss just quirks an eyebrow making me blush.

"Come" she leads me to a seat in the middle of the table, opposite to me, a very pretty girl comes and takes a seat. She smiles at me.

"Hi! Im Alaia, Ari called about you from the car" she tells me making me snicker. "So, you work with the grumpy?" she asks me and i giggle a little.

~

20 minutes have passed and the piece of bread i took and very little pasta is is almost finished. Christianos mom keeps asking me to eat but im too nervous to eat so its fine. I made sure i only took a little since its bad manners to leave food.

Im sitting next to Aria, now opposite to me is another one of the guys. He introduced himself as Stephano and is Christianos younger brother. He's really nice, nothing like his brother, very talkative and flirty in a cute and funny way.

After dessert, which i politely declined, i decide that ive invaded enough so i decide to leave. I tell everyone how wonderful it was to be there, it really was.

"You have a beautiful home, thankyou for having me, the food was delicious" i tell Christianos parents and his aunt and uncle who im currently talking to.

"Oh, it was such a pleasure mia dolcezza, you have to come more often, sì?" his mom asks. oh my im gonna cry. I just politely nod along. Soon i say my goodbyes but before i can leave, Aria and Alaia come up to me with Grayson. He's so cute. Im just eying the baby when they stand infront of me.

"Do you wanna hold him?" Alaia asks and i nod, too quickly. She gives him too me and i play with him. "Oh, can I have your number? Me and Aria need another girlfriend, its getting real boring especially with this pregnant grumpy here" she whispers but loudly making Aria smack her arm.

We exchange numbers and i soon am about to walk out the door with the girls behind me. They said they could have a driver drop me off because i told them how i really didn't wanna bother Christiano.

Just as we make it to the front door, we hear footsteps.

"Where are you going?" his deep, deep voice sounds and i freeze. Oops.

"Busted" Aria whispers. We turn around to see my boss, his older brother and his cousin.

"oh i was just going home" i tell him, acting as dumb as possible.

"Mm" he makes a sound. fuck me. "Did i not say id drive you Cara?" he asks me. Hes so intimidating damn.

"You did but she didn't wanna bother you plus youre really boring" Aria blurts making me look at her wide eyed.

"baby" her fiancée, Niccolo calls. "Come here" he gestures making her scurry off to him.

"What are you so bothered about, jesus she was just worried she'd annoy you, everyone thinks like that" Alaia rolls her eyes, bouncing gray beside me.

Christiano just narrows his eyes at me. What? i didn't even say anything!

"Mmh, well Laia, go to bed, why is the baby still up" my boss mumbles walking closer. Then, when he's really close, he looks down at me. Im intimidated but i still hold eye contact. "im taking you home" he says. sigh.