74 - The Jedi Way

Start from the beginning

I dropped her body to the floor and took a deep breath to calm my shaking. My vision of red returned to normal, "What is the matter with you?" Maul pushed my arm, hard, and I hit the wall. I snapped my head in his direction and thought of exactly one hundred ways to kill him, "We could have used her to lure Yoda somewhere to get your wife back, you stupid fuck."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him back, causing him to slam into the doorframe, "We don't need her for that," I bent down and rummaged through her pockets before pulling out a com link, "Yoda has always looked at the code as if it was a sacred scroll to be worshipped. The Jedi way is in his very soul and he will never turn down the chance at saving a life," He doesn't need to know that that life is already far from saving.

I fidgeted with the device for a few moments before hacking into it and getting the information I needed, which wasn't difficult. I went to the date my wife was taken away, since I knew she contacted him that day and there happens to be one transmission from that very date.

It was his, it had to be.

"I'll let you do the honors," I held the comlink out to Maul. All he had to do was press one small button to send it through to call that little green roach. The only reason I was having him do it was because of how I sounded, my breathing was heavy and almost demonic, while my voice was completely unrecognizable.

Maul smiled and took the device from my hand, "Do I ask for a trade? One live pregnant woman for one dead doctor?" He said like it was funny.

I rolled my eyes, "Obviously don't mention the doctor is dead."

I truly hate him.

༻✦༺

Ahsoka's POV
One up side to being as close to Lux as I was, I know him better than he knows himself half the time. Therefore I always know how to find him whenever I need to. Which is how I knew he wasn't on Onderon, he was on Corellia, and so I rerouted the ships coordinates and went there instead.

It took me hours to get there and I spent the majority of that time trying to sleep since lately I haven't been able to. Not only was I being tortured by nightmares, but they were nightmares of Anakin — dying in every possible way. Every night was something new, as if death was taunting me. He didn't want
me to see the next death he had planned for my Master, since the last one was sabotaged by us all.

And what hurts me the most is that the search to find (y/n) has overshadowed the search for a way to save him. She would hate this if she were here, she wouldn't want to be found if it meant he would die looking for her. But if we're lucky, this will lead to us finding her soon, and we will have a little over five months to figure out a plan for my Master's survival.

The ship landed in a beautiful field just off of the main city where the capital is. I walked to the ramp with a yawn and pressed the button to lower it. Just as it touched the ground, I jumped when a loud beep from my right startled me, "Artoo?" I knitted my brows in confusion when the droid rolled out of the shadows with a few more beeps, "What are you doing here little guy? You should be at the palace with-"

He beeped complaints as he rolled forward and stopped just in front of me.

I sighed with a nod, "He's been scaring me too lately, but it's just because (y/n) isn't around. I'm sure he'll be more calm when she's home." I was hopeful he wouldn't remain in the same state he's in now.