47- Seal the Deal

༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
I was breathing heavily as I gripped the carpet under me. The shaking of the temple had stopped, as well as my cries. I felt deep in shock, and completely overwhelmed by everything that just occurred.

I was going to lose Anakin, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. My chest tightened, and I felt tears brim in my eyes once more; the pain of my actual death will be nothing compared to the pain of losing the love of my life. Especially when I know that his death, will be in place of my own. How can I live knowing that I'm not meant to be here, and he was?

I heard the sound of footsteps coming near me, and I already knew who they belonged to, "(y/n)!" Anakin shouted with panic in his voice. He was running towards me with clones following quickly behind him. I saw his bare feet as he reached me, and bent down; placing his lightsaber on the floor next to him, "Baby are you okay?" He placed his hands on my shoulders and shook me gently, but I never moved, I was still in shock, "Is there someone here? Did they hurt you?" He cupped my face, and brought my watery eyes to his.

I slowly shook my head; my gaze traveling down to the lightsaber next to him. Then something sparked in my mind; maybe there is something I can do, "Forgive me Anakin." I whispered; a stray tear fell from my eyes.

His brows furrowed in confusion. Until his gaze shot to my hands that were already gripping his lightsaber, "(y/n), what are you- Stop!" He shouted when I placed the igniting end towards my chest.

"I love you." I went to press the button quickly, but he used the force to throw the lightsaber out of my grasp; just as it had ignited. The burning end, pierced into the wall, and I shoved Anakin away from me before getting up to rush towards.

But I felt a hand grip my ankle, and I fell back to the floor with a groan, "What are you doing!" Anakin shouted with rage, and also hurt in his voice.

"I have to make it right!" I kicked him in the face, and I heard him shout in pain from the harsh impact. I felt horrible for hitting him that hard, but I'm trying to save his life.

"Rex get the sedative!" Anakin shouted, and I felt myself being throw away from the lightsaber that I was reaching for, and I was slammed aggressively against the wall.

I groaned in pain as I tried to get up, but Anakin was pinning me down with the force; and even though I was strong, he was still stronger, "Let me go!" I screamed; making the floors, and walls, shake again, "Please, I have to fix this!" I cried and pleaded.

My hand was reaching out towards the lightsaber, and I was trying to use the force to call it to me; but I had no luck. I know how this looks to them, they probably think I've lost my mind. But they're completely unaware that I'm just trying to do the right thing.

Anakin came next to me while I stayed pinned to the floor, tears were pooling in his eyes, and he placed the needle into my neck; injecting the drug into my bloodstream, "I don't understand," He cried when my eyes began to feel heavy, "Was it a lie? We're you just trying to get me to trust you?" He asked through gritted teeth, the betrayal in his tone caused his voice to crack.

"No Ani, it wasn't a lie," I shook my head weakly; my heart ached at the sight of his pain, "I remember everything." I whispered low; my eyes finally closed, and the last thing I saw was the sight of his own eyes widening.