Chapter 8 ♥️ Candle Light

You stood still, looking at each other in silence, Jevil waiting for your reaction. "Oh oh" Jevil burst out laughing, using his scythe for support. "OH NO!" You started running back up the stairs in panic as you heard Jevil's iconic laugh getting further away.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You got on a normal castle floor and looked for signs of anyone, you found no one which confused you, you were panting from how fast you got up the stairs and stood like that on the elevator for some time, looking for any signs of living beings.

"What the..." You said panting to yourself "Did Jevil lie to me?" You asked yourself. "Oh he did, didn't he?" You asked angry, soon enough though, you saw Rouxls walk into the same room as you, he noticed you.

"Y/N? What are thou doing up so early?" He asked. "And so out of breath?" He added.

"I went on uh, morning run? You know? I-I'm in really bad form I uh, decided to do exercise. Uh..." You said, hitching breathes between a few words, coming up with a horrible excuse out the top of your head.

"Well then" He simply said "Since thou arest so active, thou shalt start cleaning the second floor".

"Sure..." You said still panting and using the elevator as support, you let yourself fall into the elevator and you pressed the second floor button. You got out of the elevator, now a lot less tired, went into the nearest cleaning supplies closet and got what you needed to clean windows.

As the day went by, you saw everyone slowly getting up and feeling proud of yourself when everyone was so confused that you were the first one up and already working. You were calm since you saw that Lancer was annoying Rouxls so you wouldn't have to deal with either of them. You were peacefully working, everything felt at peace right then.

"Y/N" You heard coming from behind you out of nowhere, your chest gave a little jump but you didn't visibly move.

"Jesus Christ you jumpscared me." You said boldly, slowly turning around to see who it was "Sidra? What the hell do you want?" You said, confused.

"You think I would just forget about yesterday?"

"I hoped you did honestly."

"..." You looked at each other intensely. "WHO IS DOWN THERE?!" She said excitedly.

"No oneee. I hear things, I'm going crazy." You said trying to get her to shut up "I swear sometimes you act like a teenage girl." You said letting your thoughts out.

"Well then, if there's NO ONE there. You wouldn't mind me going there, would you?"

"Not really, just don't dirty the level, I just cleaned it." You said simply, she went to the elevator in a confident mood. Yeah. she's going down, so what? You were sure Jevil wouldn't talk to her, after all, even she said it, when she went down there and asked if there was anyone she didn't get any answer, so she won't now. I HOPE.

You already finished the windows but were waiting for Sidra to come back, which took her more than you expected, but all your worries washed off as she came out of the elevator with a defrauded face. "Did you find anyone?" You asked while getting in the elevator with her, she just shook her head. You both got down and went along with your day in separate ways.

The day was... Fine. But what you were excited for was night. You made sure to not skip any meals so you could have more energy and used your free time for sleeping. You were in your bedroom with the lights off, a candle helping you to not fall asleep. You changed into comfortable and warm clothes since it was night and Winter. When you made sure that everyone was asleep, you took your candle with you and exited the room, went back to grab a blanket since it was even colder, and completed the journey towards Jevil's jail cell.

You got down the stairs, using your blanket as cape and making swoosh with every step down you took. You sat on the floor, let the deck of cards Sean gave you in front of you and wrapped yourself with the blanket. The candle was nearby, there was working lights here for some reason, but the candle gave off heat so you let it burn. "Jevil?" You called out "It's Y/N" You added.

You saw Jevil slowly appear from the shadows and got himself in front of you "Another person visited me today, today! I didn't answer though"

"I know, it was Sidra, she's the drama queen and wanted to know what was down here, I knew you wouldn't answer." You confessed. "Why didn't you answer though? Was she just that annoying?"

"Well yes, but mainly because of another reason, reason!"

"What is that?" You asked curious.

"Guess, guess!" He said.

"Uhh, because she woke you up?" He shook his head "She... Insulted you? Or threatened you?" He shook his head again.

"It's more simple than that, it has nothing to do with me"

"Who does it have to do with it then?"

"You! You!" He said poking your nose

"Me?" He retrieved his finger as he nodded. "Um... I-I don't know Jevil."

"Oh but it's so easy, easy! She's just not you!" You blinked confused "I wouldn't waste my time on someone that wasn't you! They're not worth it! I would talk to Seam though, but that's the only exception!" He said, while you were trying to comprehend if it had any logic behind it.

"Oh, uh, thanks Jevil! You flatter me." You said, confused.

"No worries dearest!" He said. While you were trying to understand, he looked you up and down, along with the deck and candle "Looks like someone's cold!" He laughed, you looked at him with a death stare but he didn't even flinch. "It's been a long time since I've seen or held a candle." He grabbed it softly and pulled it inside the cell with him. He stood there with the candle, looking at it with calmed eyes.

It was a pure scene from your perspective, you wondered how long it had been since he saw a candle. It made your heart soften at the sight. "How long?" You asked.

"I don't know, know..." He said, his eyes locked on the candle, his smile getting smaller along with his now softer voice. "Oh!" He said looking back to you, his usual behaviour back "You probably need this more than me though, you seem pretty cold, cold!" He said giving it back to you.

"Are you sure you aren't cold? It's freezing!" You asked.

"Not at all, I'm used to this cold, warm temperatures are harder to reach here, here! You're more used to the castle's temperature, plus, my clothing is good for the cold and you're using a blanket!"

"Hey! I'm not gonna come here in a full snow outfit, man!" He laughed loudly. "You don't wanna play cards?" You asked.

"I don't know, do you wanna play cards?" He asked.

"No, you can beat me at any game if you know the cards."

"There we go!" He said. "What time is it?" He asked

"It's... Around 12 pm"

"Why the late-night visit?" He questioned.

"I couldn't visit you at all in daylight, I have work all day, I can only visit you at night." You answered.

"Oh~! Losing sleep because of me~? Aren't you a little obsessed?" He asked jokingly.