35. to take my hand

Rosalie

Rosalie

The clock ticked and ticked causing an annoying sound. Rosalie glares at it her eyes not daring to move off the object.

She hated this feeling. She couldn't really explain it. It was like she was empty. She had nothing to live for.

She blamed Edward for this feeling. While he was a coward and ran away from his girlfriend and now even left his family behind.

Rosalie crosses her legs, she needed to move. Of all her vampire life she has never needed to move. She could normally sit in one spot and not move for hours even days but all of a sudden it's like her dead body needed it. Without motion her mind went to Kai.

Malachai Swan. A name that brought her pain. It's her fault and she most definitely knows that. She was a coward herself. She thought leaving him to give him a better life without the undead weight would be better for both of them, but all it caused was her pain and she was sure that he felt it too. She didn't know how but she knew he was in pain.

She cracked a small smiled knowing that Kai is probably putting on a smile and making sure no one bothered to worry for him. He hated being a burden to anyone and she knew that he was probably holding strong especially for his sister. He cared for his twin sister more than anything and that's one of the many reason Rosalie loves him. No matter the time if his sister had to call for help he'd drop everything to make sure he could be there for her.

Rosalie closed her eyes, shutting them tight. She tried hard to get the image of his broken face when she told him they'd be leaving. But no matter what that's all she saw. She knew that if Edward had been here he'd hate her for her thoughts. He'd judge her big time, she rolls her eyes. Coward.

Coward.

Coward.

She's a damn coward. She should have just stayed with him. Should've held him and laid with him while he slept. He loved when she'd run her cold fingers through he's hair. She remembers clearly how every time she'd try and stop he'd groan and get restless is she stopped.

Coward. That's the feeling. That's the emptiness. She's a damn coward and she knew it. She believed it. She breathed it. She was it. Damn coward.