Kanwal daadi was inconsolable for few days but later she convinced herself once she saw that staying away from this mad house gives Kabir  more advantage in leading a normal life. Now I am quite worried about Ridhima because for a while she is only kid in this house who can talk to Armaan and learn from him while Harshi has an advantage of having a mother. Kabir left for USA. He cleared SAT's and got into Cornell. I have already heard about US student loan issue and Kabir had advantage of being born into rich family.

I was in second year now. Winters were nearing and I could feel that itching in my throat is back. In the mean time there was a fest in my college where students were invited for participating in various competitions from different colleges.
I was in the committee and helping students to participate in the competition. I was on the help desk trying to sort candidates into various groups when I saw a familiar face in the crowd. The same pair of blue eyes. It was Prithvi. I don't know why but whenever I see him there is nothing much left for me to notice around other than his eyes. "Ambar?" He called out my name.
"Hello Prithvi." I said. "You are participating as well?" I asked.
"Yeah." He said with a smile. He gave me a paper which was his topic on which he was going to present. I took his details and searched in the list. "Your presentation will start at 1:45 and your sequence number is 223. If it takes some time you can wait right?" I asked him to confirm.
"Oh yes. I can." He said. After all the registrations were done I went with my friends for some coffee when I saw Prithvi sitting on the chair next to  the room where competition was held. He looked at me and I tried to look away but there was no point so I gave him a small smile. "All the best." I mouthed and gestures it by giving a thumbs up. He gave me a huge smile back. "Thank you." He replied.
I smiled and walked away with my friends. After the presentations were done every one in the committee wrapped up the event. After we were done I walked towards my hostel when I heard someone calling me. "Ambar." I turned around to see Prithvi. He was holding a small briefcase. He was wearing a long overcoat which was grey in colour.
"Hello Prithvi."
"Hi." He said. He walked towards me and I looked towards my surroundings. All of a sudden I became quite aware that I am alone with him. Looking at my reaction he stepped a little back. "I wanted to say Thank you for all the help today." He said.
I smiled. "It was my task today." I lifted my bag.
"You stay in hostel?" He asked.
"Yes. You?" I asked.
"Papa has an apartment near VJTI so I stay there." He said. I nodded my head. "How is Mumbai?" I asked him.
"It's nice." He said. "But sometimes very hot." I smiled.
"I crave for hot." Only to moments later to realise what I said. "I mean for hot climate. It's freakishly cold here." He smiled.
"I didn't asked your branch!" I said.
"Oh. It's Mechanical engineering." He said.
"Oh. Nice." I said. "Even mine." I replied. We had a small talk after that.
"I should leave now." He said while looking at his phone. "It's already 7 I shouldn't keep you waiting."
"See you." I said.
"Yeah." He said with a smile and left.

I reached into my room and slept as I was tired from all the hustle. It was nearing Christmas. I was back in Ranayal residence as there was short break after exams. It was near 6 when I received a call. I looked at the number and it was an unknown number I picked it up.
"Hello."
"Hello Ambar." It was Prateek.
"Prateek. How are you?" I asked. Prateek was studying Computer engineering in IIT Mumbai. He was done with his exams and I had my last exam today.

"I am fine. Are you available today?" He asked.
"Yes. I am. What are you planning?" I asked.
"Let's catch up. I will text you address.  Today we will party." He said with enthusiasm.
"I am in. What about Jahnvi?" I asked.
"She is in too. Just be there on time."
After conversation with Prateek I started to dress up. I wore a cute yellow top and pair of black jeans. I  sneaked out of the house without any one noticing me. I reached the venue on time and found Jahnavi. We hugged each other and at that same time Prateek came along with Prithvi.
Finding him here was shock. "Ambar" Prateek yelled and hugged me.
I hugged him back but I was still looking at Prithvi. Prateek then left me and hugged Jahnvi.
"Hi Ambar." Prithvi said.
"Hi Prithvi." I said. There was this awkward silence between both of us.
I turned to my left only to find Prateek and Jahnvi looking at us.
"Prithvi this is Jahnvi." I said. He looked at her. "Hi Jahnavi" Prithvi said with a smile. She smiled. "Hi Prithvi."
We went inside the club where Prateek had already reserved seats for 4 people and I thought that oy we three are meeting. We started to order.
"I will have an orange juice and spaghetti." I said.
"I will have lemonade and cheese sandwich." Jahnvi said.
"I am new to here so Prateek please order for me." As soon as Prithvi said this me and Jahnvi yelled.
"No."
"Don't."
Prithvi looked at both of us. "What?"
"He will order something for you to which you are allergic or you can't eat."  Jahnvi said.
Prateek in turn just nodded. "Prithvi I have a very bad reputation regarding this. So please help yourself." He said.
Prithvi then smiled and looked down at the menu. "Uh... Let's see. I'll have Alfredo with garlic bread and Orange juice."
"And I will have chicken pizza with lemonade." Prateek yelled. It was nice to catch up after so much time. After we were done we eating we went to play foosball. After me and Prateek lost to Jahnvi and Prithvi we decided to play pool. This time me and Jahnvi paired against boys and surprisingly Jahnvi is very good in pool. We laughed heartily as we four enjoyed our game. After the games were over we went for a walk. We wore our sweaters and overcoats. "So when will you guys leave back for Mumbai?" I asked.
"I will be leaving after 3rd and you Prithvi?"  Prateek asked.
"I'll be leaving on 2nd." He said.
As Prateek and Jahnvi got busy in their discussion Prithvi walked with me. "How is everything with you?" He asked. I looked at him in surprise.
"Everything is fine with me. What about you?" I asked.
"Good." He said and smiled. I don't know whether it was cold or some other thing but his face is slightly pink.

Prithvi's POV

When I first met Ambar I couldn't say much to her. May be because I was intimidated by her beauty or maybe because she never spoke to me much and was not interested. After my first meeting with her I never got a chance to meet her until it was her grandmother's funeral. By that time I had already left for college. It made me feel awful when all the ladies present in that room were speaking such things about her. What is her fault in all this? When she left from the room that day I followed her to make sure she is alright. She looked so uncomfortable and yet she composed herself when she realised that I am there. She is a very strong girl. I had no idea that I would run into her in IIT Delhi.

It was near Christmas. I had plans to visit Kangra but decided not when Ma and Papa left for London due to some issues related to sales of R1X model bike. I was alone in my home with my cousin when Prateek visited me. I had invited him over to play with some video games and it would be nice to catch up with him. We are not very close friends but I know that he is a good guy. "So what are your plans tonight?" Prateek asked as he tried to shoot out opponents. "I might play one more round and then watch a movie." I replied.
"Wanna come with me to Ruben." He asked.
"What is there in Ruben?" I asked.
"My friends and I are meeting there." He said.
"Hmm. Nice." I said. Suddenly I realised he is friends with Ambar. I looked at him and he was concentrated on his game. I tried my luck to verify. "Do I know anyone otherwise it would be futile to be there and"
"Oh no don't worry you remember Ambar right she'll be there and Jahnvi will be there." He said will shooting another opponent. I took my chances.
"Oh. Cool then I am coming."

After dinner we played some games and I liked every one's company. I got well along with Jahnvi will playing foosball along her side. Their group is only of three but they are very good friends. As we left Prateek and Jahnvi walked together so I paired with Ambar.

She looked at me. Her eyes are magnificent. The brown in her eyes has a unique lustre in it but I don't understand why her face is pink all of a sudden.
"How are your parents?" Ambar asked.
"They're good." I said.
"What are your plans on new year?" She asked me.
"Well, I will go to office and wish everyone new year on behalf of Papa. Then I will come back home attend the new year party hosted by Arman uncle and then go home and play pool."
She smiled and looked at me. "Nice plan."