The Good, the Gorgeous and the Glorious

Comincia dall'inizio

The package of crackers still remained unopened, so Ellie reached over to open them for her, "There you go. How you feeling?"

Dina began to take little, spaced out sips of the ginger ale, a look of confusion spreading on her face, "What did you put in this?"

Ellie giggled softly, "It's just lemon juice, babe. It's good for your stomach. Do you like it or no?"

Dina laughed lightly, continuing to drink it, "It's just an odd taste, but I like it! It's calming down the nausea".

This was exactly what the slightly older girl wanted to hear, "That's great! You make sure you're eating too, okay? I'm gonna go get dressed and take Cooper outside. While you're eating, how about you text or call your ex boyfriend and your dad? Just to let them know we'll be swinging by today".

Hearing how much Ellie cared made Dina's heart melt, which was great because this could've gone one of three ways... The good, the bad... And the ugly. The good was all they were hoping for though.

To Ellie's suggestion, Dina nodded, watching Ellie grab her neatly folded pile of clothes and walking to the hallway bathroom to give her some much needed privacy, "Okay... Should I call Jesse or Dad first?" Dina whispered, absentmindedly scrolling through her phones contact list.

Finally, she came to a conclusion, "I'll do Dad first, since we'll be visiting him last". The mother to be thought, beginning to dial her fathers phone number, "Please answer, please"... Dina thought, anxiously placing her phone up to her ear.

Faster than she had ever seen, her dad had answered the phone after only the first ring, "Hey, sweetie! I missed you! How are you?"

For whatever reason, Dina's previous nerves of being kicked out into the streets were nonexistent now, "Hey, Dad! I'm okay. I had a question to ask you though"... Dina answered, her voice beginning to shake now.

Daniel immediately responded with a wide toothy grin evident in his voice, "You can ask me anything, sweetie. You know that"...

While this particular question wasn't nerve wracking in the slightest, Dina was mainly nervous about what was to come later on... "Can I stay at Ellie's house until tomorrow? She already volunteered to take me to school in the morning and drop me off at work tomorrow night"... Meanwhile, as Dina spoke, her internal thoughts were a disaster, "Please say yes"...

Not surprising one bit, Daniel was quick to give Dina the answer she wanted to hear, "Of course, Dina! I trust Ellie!"

Daniel glanced down at his watch to check the time while he continued talking to his not so little girl, "Alright, kiddo, I've gotta go get some housework done, but is there anything else you need?"

Now, the time had inevitably arrived, "Can Ellie and I stop by for a bit in like two hours? We've got some things to talk to you about"...

Surprisingly, no nerves could be heard throughout Daniel's voice, but maybe that was because Dina could talk to her dad about anything, no matter what it was, "Sure, kiddo! I'll see you in a bit. I love you, sweetie!"

This was already a step in the right direction for the big news coming later, "I love you too, dad!" Dina answered, hanging up the phone to call Jesse now.

Jesse was the one Dina was worried about the most. She had heard her fair share of stories about young parents who didn't stick around to "be parents". Even Dina never met her own mother, but she loved Jesse's parents much like she loved her father.

Instead of questioning everything though, Dina had decided to bite the bullet and stop procrastinating so much, "Now or never, right?"... Dina whispered, holding the phone up to her ear once she had dialed Jesse's phone number.