49

Fred didn't want to move from his angel's arms, so he lay there as she slept.

He didn't want to wake her up since she was heavily asleep. She was holding his head so delicately, his cheek resting against the side of her stomach. His arms were still sealed around her waist.

But at the very edge of his view, he could see Draco sleeping on his side, facing Oshun. He wasn't cuddling her or touching her at all since his hands were clasped together beneath the pillow.

Oshun's head was turned to him too, so Fred could only assume they talked while he was asleep.

Fred caught himself wondering if she kissed the blond last night. He wondered what they talked about. He wondered how long they were up for, just talking.

He was hoping for a weekend with just himself and Oshun—no Draco. Fred wasn't particularly jealous that she also felt the same care and affection for Draco.

He was more... just confused and dismayed by it.

And maybe a little sour. Or a lot. So perhaps he was jealous.

But who could blame him? He wanted Oshun to himself. She was his pretty angel and he had to fucking share with someone as vile as Draco?

Un-fucking-believable.

Fred always tried not to get angry with Oshun for even giving Draco the first chance to begin with because who was he to tell her what to do?

She was her own person and he could only hope she was smart enough not to let herself get hurt. Of course he would be there by her side to look out for her and protect her, but he wouldn't tell her what to do.

Unless it was absolutely necessary. And this was more life or death—safety-danger—sort of thing.

He and Oshun were happy together. She made him happy.

Fred had once told her he needed a break because he had a really exhausting, heavy day, though he forgot to mention that. So she asked him, "From me?"

"When I need a break, all I need is you," was what he said.

And it was true.

She was that fresh breath of air he sought for during his heavy, intense days.

She was the sun to his shine. The light that made his heart forget to beat—that made him forget how to breathe. The warmth that his body yearned desperately for—that made the world around them seem smaller than the little world of their own.

Her. Oshun Takahashi. She was his sun.

Fred's head lifted from her stomach when he felt her stir awake. A raspy, groggy groan drew from her lips as she stretched and arched her back.

He sat up and brushed his hair back with his fingers, knees in the air beneath the sheets. His body and head turned to catch her stare. "Morning." His low voice was roughened with sleep. "Sleep well?"

"Mhm," she hummed with a sleepy smile. "You?"

"Mm." He nodded with a faint smile before he got out of bed without another word.

He headed for the bathroom and lightly shut the door behind him. He turned on the water and washed his face before grabbing his toothbrush to brush his teeth.

The bathroom door gently pushed open and Oshun slipped inside. "Fred, are you mad at me?" Her eyes drooped in a frown as she stared at him.

He tried not to weaken at how effortlessly beautiful she was at the moment—even though she had just woken up.