43

Oshun,

Stay away from Theodore Nott. Stay away from that boy and do not go near him. Avoid him when you can and do not ask questions about anything or speak about this until you are home, safe, and secure. Your papa and I will be home soon.

Love,
Mama

Every drop of colour drained from Oshun's figure. The hairs on her arm stood straight.

She had so many questions, but it seemed as though her voice was lost within the thick air around her. Her fingers trembled as they held the letter upon them.

"Oshun."

She nearly flinched at the sound of Forest's voice. "Yeah?" she blurted, and tried to calm her thumping heart.

"Close the bloody window," Forest grunted into her pillow.

"It's time for classes, Forest. Get up." Oshun crumpled the letter and held it in her fist before she latched the window shut.

"You're not my mum." Forest's voice was muffled by the pillow.

"No. I'm nicer than your mum." Oshun dropped the crumpled letter into the bin before pulling out her uniform. "Your mum still threatens to dump water on your head to wake you up."

"I have a fucking exam for Potions today. I'm not ready for it." A longing groan drew from Forest's lips as she stretched. "I was up all last night studying with Tavius at his dorm, but he fell asleep on me."

Oshun slid on her skirt and zipped the side up. "Have you guys made a deeper connection in a husband-wife sort of way?" she asked, and unrolled her knee-high socks.

"I love him so much, but our connection is platonic. We're more like platonic soulmates," Forest spoke honestly, and pushed herself out of bed. "We have a very deep connection, but not in a sexual or relationship sort of way."

"That's still good, Forest," Oshun said indulgently as she buttoned up her uniform shirt. "You guys have a brilliant connection. You can still work on the romantic relationship, but even if it doesn't work, you guys will be fine."

"Yeah, I know." Forest's tone was breezy and gentle, despite the roughness from her sleep. "And you."

"Me what?" Oshun tucked her shirt into her skirt before she went to the dresser to grab her tie.

"Malfoy. Fred. Who will it be?" Forest said in a singsong voice, walking to the dresser for her uniform.

Oshun strolled into the bathroom. "It's the end of February. I've got time," she mumbled, and fixed up her hair so her curls were less frizzy. "I fancy both of them and I have so much care for them both."

"Malfoy certainly turned himself around a bit," Forest pointed out, and pulled on her uniform pants. "Now, he doesn't go after every single Halfblood or Muggle he sees. Only when he's annoyed or pissed off."

Oshun restrained a laugh and swiped on some lip gloss.

She had actually been helping Draco with his temper and helping him stop the habit of talking out of anger—or snapping when he didn't get his way. He was doing... less than okay, but he was getting there.

She wasn't doing it because she decided on it. He had asked her to help him, and she agreed.

She was also not ashamed to admit that she cuddled with the teddy bear Fred got her every night.

"I have a vagina cramp. Fuck this shit," Forest hissed, and dragged her book bag on the floor as they walked to the Great Hall. "Stupid vagina cramps."

Oshun held one of her roommate's arms as they walked. "Do you need painkillers?" she asked kindly.