Chapter XXVIII: A New Leader Is Born

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me? Where is the haberdashery?" I asked a local.

"Should be near the market on the west." The local replied.

"Thank you."

I went to find the haberdashery. "How may I help you?" The shopkeeper asked.

"I'm looking for new clothes, something that a captain would wear?" I replied.

"Pick whatever you fancy."

I looked for clothes for a few minutes, I picked a coat, comfortable pants, mid-high boots, a cavalier hat with feathers, white poet shirt, a brown waistcoat, and I bought five other colors of clothing that I picked. I paid the shopkeeper and left the haberdashery then went to my next destination, a general store to buy new weapons.

"How may I help you sir?" The shopkeeper asked.

"I'm looking for a pair of swords and guns please." I replied.

"Pick what suits you best sir."

I looked through a variety of choices for weapons so, I picked a pair of cavalry sabers of the same model, a pair of English flintlocks, and five throwing knives.

"Very nice choices sir, that'll be two hundred and fifty reales." The shopkeeper said.

"Here." I paid him two hundred fifty reales and asked. "Excuse me but did you make all of these swords?"

"Ah no, not all of them apparently. But the sword you just bought I made them aye." He replied.

"Then are you skilled enough to make these pair of blades for me?"

I gave him the plans for the blade. "Hmm, sorry mate but I'm not too skilled to be making these kind of complex blade designs, maybe some other blacksmiths in other towns around the Caribbean or much better in Europe. I heard the French make great weapons and maybe they could make this blade of yours." He said.

"Thank you mate, I'll be taking my leave." I replied.

"Thank you for your patronage sir."

I got everything I needed so I head back to the shipyard to meet up with Rhett, Chase, Alfred and the rest of the crew.

"You're looking like a fine captain now William!" Rhett said.

"Oh thank you very much, I just bought these breeches to a local haberdashery." I replied.

"You've got some nice taste in clothes." Chase said.

"By the way, here's the money for the repairs of our vessel."

"Where'd you get it?" Alfred asked.

"There's a plantation that Marcus owned a few months ago and now it belongs to me, we could be rich if we do jobs for her make a bit of profit for the plantation and for us as well if we just come back to being merchants and privateers." I replied.

"Hey, it's your decision if we should revert back to being privateers and merchants mate. No one's stopping you, but we have jobs to do and did the plantation offered goods to be exported?" Rhett asked.

"Aye she did but first we should pay the repairs for our vessel and head to a smuggler's outpost." I replied.

"A smuggler's outpost? What for?" Chase asked.

"I'll revert her name back to the Black Pearl, so we'll be out of the notoriety list of British and Spanish privateers of the like."

"Aye captain, as you wish."

I paid a shipwright to repair our vessel which took only thirty minutes and we're back on the waters again to go to a nearby smuggler's outpost to change the ship's name back to the "Black Pearl." We head for our export destination of goods for the plantation at a town called "Baracoa."